$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know how many cardboard boxes from Horizon Hobby and Amain I've recently had to flatten and recycle?
Funny you bring that up. On Sunday, I purged all rc boxes, mailing boxes and rc parts tags. My basement feels twice the size now😮

IMG_20230513_153850.jpg

I find myself struggling with this addiction again.

It 5:30am Sunday, my family is still asleep, in fact the whole neighbourhood is still asleep. It's freezing cold outside, the wood fire is burning inside the house. I could be cosy and warm in bed with my wife, yet I'm outside in the cold shed, by myself, injecting that RC drug straight into my vains.

Whats wrong with me? My toes are frozen.

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Karl and I'm and RC'holic. Just got back into RC in September. Started off with an Outcast EXB RTR, batteries, charger in dropped about $1000. Then the replacement parts, upgrades, and such…. Lost track of cost. Recently found a great deal on FB Marketplace, an Infraction RTR with 6 3s packs for $250. This is where I realized I had a problem, I impulsively messaged the guy and bought the car on my lunch break. Then I had to explain it to the wife. Needless to say I have spent a few nights on the couch. Does not seem like much but upgrades and repairs add up fast.

I'm still a RC'holic..... just ripped up large section of perfectly good grass in my backyard to build a garden for the upcoming apocalypse.....nope... .extending my RC track! 😁 ✌️

I'm still a RC'holic..... just ripped up large section of perfectly good grass in my backyard to build a garden for the upcoming apocalypse.....nope... .extending my RC track! 😁 ✌️
You don't need a backyard anyway, but, sometimes it can be entertaining watching people try to rip up the grass so they don't have to mow it.

Hi, my name is Karl and I'm and RC'holic. Just got back into RC in September. Started off with an Outcast EXB RTR, batteries, charger in dropped about $1000. Then the replacement parts, upgrades, and such…. Lost track of cost. Recently found a great deal on FB Marketplace, an Infraction RTR with 6 3s packs for $250. This is where I realized I had a problem, I impulsively messaged the guy and bought the car on my lunch break. Then I had to explain it to the wife. Needless to say I have spent a few nights on the couch. Does not seem like much but upgrades and repairs add up fast.
On the couch for just two Karl? I have 13, and if you add in the one's I've sold, it was over 20 in the last 5 years. Told my wife that if she doesn't like it, divorce me and good luck with her half minus my income. We're still together♥

On the couch for just two Karl? I have 13, and if you add in the one's I've sold, it was over 20 in the last 5 years. Told my wife that if she doesn't like it, divorce me and good luck with her half minus my income. We're still together♥
I only have 5 of which only one was brand new. And what Ive spent on them I could have had 40. Lol

This is why i always say i am lucky, to a certain extent. She is more addicted than i am. Currently, between the two of us, we have 14 running, 4 that need rebuilding, 7 parts trucks, and she is always finding more. We have an entire room that is just RC stuff. Before the fire last year, we had over 30 running cars. The only issue in the whole thing, we cant agree on which type of car is better. I like SCT's, she likes buggies.

She does, but her sister is currently in prison, because she is nuts. She tried to stab her boyfriend with a pencil for talking to a girl she thought was better looking than her, and they were still in high school at the time.
How's the saying go crazy in the head crazy in the bed. 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back