Kraton RC Jun Backflip Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Got a set of the RC Jun backflip 170mm for the Kraton. Had to glue the tires and it comes with 12mm, 14mm and 17mm hex options. Ran a few packs and pretty impressed with the performance offroad and onroad. Pretty close to the original. Limited ballooning of tires and sidewalls are very good. Picture taken before bashing.... :)

1714219289578.jpeg

Got a set of the RC Jun backflip 170mm for the Kraton. Had to glue the tires and it comes with 12mm, 14mm and 17mm hex options. Ran a few packs and pretty impressed with the performance offroad and onroad. Pretty close to the original. Limited ballooning of tires and sidewalls are very good. Picture taken before bashing.... :)

View attachment 363271
Slick looking rig. What body are you running?

Nice looking rig & tires man. I like the roof skids & hood skid. Look clear. 3d printed? TPU?
You got a link for the tires?

Cool idea! I'm always DIY making stuff.

Have both the sizes, better than Dboots in terms of performance/balance/quality and especially the durability of the LPs. Oh yeah, the price was half cost at the time 👍🏼
The interchangeable center 17mm hex hubs hold up well?

Nice. hard work pays off....inserting and gluing the tires plus a cordless hex for those interchangeable hub screws
Yeah with gluing an Mt wheel/tire that big there’s a certain labor value that most don’t want to deal with. The rubber is thick and working around by hand while getting glue completely around the bead is not an elementary task, especially trying not to make a mess 😂

Last edited:
Yeah with gluing an Mt wheel/tire that big there’s a certain labor value that most don’t want to deal with. The rubber is thick and working around by hand while getting glue completely around the bead is not an elementary task, especially trying not to make a mess 😂
I stopped gluing tires years ago: I'm not hard on my RC vehicles, and my pre-glued tires last a long time. I will not buy tires that need gluing from the git go.

I stopped gluing tires years ago: I'm not hard on my RC vehicles, and my pre-glued tires last a long time. I will not buy tires that need gluing from the git go.
Its not too bad for smaller tires. After gluing your fingers a couple of times, you kinda get the hang of it.

Could anyone tell me the total weight of a RC JUN Backflip including the rim?... I'm interested but working on a lightweight build so every ounce counts. Both the 150 & 170mm.

Last edited:
More weights(all-balanced) FWIW:
152mm RC JUN-308.8g
152mm Dboot Backflip-309.9g
170mm Dboot Backflip-356.5g
3.8 Proline Dumont w/ 3/4” offset-328.8g

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpeg

Back