ramping it up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Went to the lumber mill this morning and grabbed some wood.

1000002789.jpg

1000002790.jpg

1000002793.jpg

1000002799.jpg

1000002797.jpg

Dimensions are 42" wide, 42" long, 24" high with 6" of 45 degrees on launch. Cheap wood. Sides are 1/2 inch spruce ply. There's four 2x4 SPF studs as main braces for the sides and five 2x3 studs for the ramp face. I used a quarter inch hardboard for the face and countersunk the screws. I might put another sheet of quarter inch hardboard on top of it.

I thought about going 48" wide and long but wanted to easily fit it in the SUV. 42" made that easier and I still think I'll be able to hit it decently.
1000002800.jpg

Gonna hit it this evening. 🤘

It worked beautifully. I decided to launch onto some grass because I never hit a ramp like this before and there was a lot of learning. Mega air, dudes.

Myself and my two kids were launching for a while today. My better half took some vids, a lot of vids. I'll put a collage of the greatest and worst jumps together and post it up. 🤘

PS: My K6 took some bad spills and handled it like a champ. 💪

Awesome bro! Slap some skateboard grip tape on there, get some backflips! 🏁
I actually think that it's a bit overkill to use any kind of grip tapes/sanding tape. It should be able to backflip relatively easy. What you'll run into, when approaching the ramp it will inevitably bottom out & scrape the bottom of your rig. Try to just use it as is. Just my .02

Went to the lumber mill this morning and grabbed some wood.

View attachment 364640

View attachment 364641
View attachment 364643
View attachment 364644
View attachment 364646

Dimensions are 42" wide, 42" long, 24" high with 6" of 45 degrees on launch. Cheap wood. Sides are 1/2 inch spruce ply. There's four 2x4 SPF studs as main braces for the sides and five 2x3 studs for the ramp face. I used a quarter inch hardboard for the face and countersunk the screws. I might put another sheet of quarter inch hardboard on top of it.

I thought about going 48" wide and long but wanted to easily fit it in the SUV. 42" made that easier and I still think I'll be able to hit it decently.
View attachment 364649

Gonna hit it this evening. 🤘

Nice ramp u had there..!! I wish to have one long time ago & wanna build some of a foldable ramp but i've no ideas.🤷

I actually think that it's a bit overkill to use any kind of grip tapes/sanding tape. It should be able to backflip relatively easy. What you'll run into, when approaching the ramp it will inevitably bottom out & scrape the bottom of your rig. Try to just use it as is. Just my .02
True. It would scrape the chassis up. If the wood is slick & needs traction, could just put the tape in two strips where the tires are. 🤔

Congrats dude, I forgot to mention that I was wishing you the best of luck with your new found launch pad! I finally made one & realized how much fun I was missing out on. Mine's a little smaller, but still a lot of fun

View attachment 364703

View attachment 364704
I like that ramp bro, portable. I bet you get some good lift off it, too. And thanks!

Ok, so after the build this morning, the fam got together for a Sunday bash this afternoon. Had a fantastic time. The ramp worked great. I had some pretty bad wrecks with the K6. Some that scared me too, but it held together really well. I went over it and things look good - I'm sure the grass landings help. 3DRC bumper loop and wing mount FTW.

Anyway, I slapped together a compilation of some of the day. After a few jumps, I moved the ramp so that tree wasn't an issue lol.

Ok, so after the build this morning, the fam got together for a Sunday bash this afternoon. Had a fantastic time. The ramp worked great. I had some pretty bad wrecks with the K6. Some that scared me too, but it held together really well. I went over it and things look good - I'm sure the grass landings help. 3DRC bumper loop and wing mount FTW.

Anyway, I slapped together a compilation of some of the day. After a few jumps, I moved the ramp so that tree wasn't an issue lol.

looks like there's a tree in the way

Back