Kraton Question on installing RPM front bumper on Rear of Kraton V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am installing the RPM bumper on the rear of my V5 and I was wondering if removing the existing hinge-pin plate cover is necessary or has anyone just left the existing cover on and added the bumper? Also, I have Loctite 242 and I am assuming I should Loctite the M4x16mm screws going into the chassis below the rear diff. Thanks for any advice in advance.

No, Blue Threadlocker is NOT used on any Plastic threaded parts. If that is what you are asking.
Only with metal to metal parts. (TL for screws into steel or alloy only)
I believe adding the RPM bumper depending which version RPM bumper ordered., will be plug and play at both Front or rear. RPM made both V4 and V5 bumpers last I heard. Double check what you have.
You will know once you have it in hand and take it all apart.

No, Blue Threadlocker is NOT used on any Plastic threaded parts. If that is what you are asking.
Only with metal to metal parts. (TL for screws into steel or alloy only)
I believe adding the RPM bumper depending which version RPM bumper ordered., will be plug and play at both Front or rear. RPM made both V4 and V5 bumpers last I heard. Double check what you have.
You will know once you have it in hand and take it all apart.
Thanks man. Yep, I have the RPM bumper for V5 or EXB. Having you guys here increases my confidence 10 fold.

1000001894.jpg

Last edited:
Smart idea to run it at the rear. I approve. This upgrade really helps. (y)(y):giggle:

I usually Boil my RPM Nylon parts in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. They remain way more flexible. It's a thing, that RPM mentioned many years back with their Nylon. Just some food for thought.
BTW, RPM usually warranties their stuff with a free replacement, if you send them the part back, if it cracks. They take the broken ones and recycle the Nylon to make new parts.

Edited.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I'll pop it off and boil it this evening. I also have this one to install next for the front:
1000001898.jpg

I'm pretty sure it will work on the Kraton V5. Should this one also be boiled?

Edit: Removed the RPM bumper and boiled and reinstalled. (y)

Last edited:
No its not 100% Nylon. No need to boil, it won't do anything.
I don't boil stock Arrma Composite plastics, yet Some guys do. I think it is just a placebo affect. Many "thinking" it works. Some even think WD40 on it helps. NOT.
I tried it all.
Just understand that in very cold weather, Plastics tend become quite brittle and break way easier, when bashing outside.
Food for thought.
Yeah I have The Super Basher Fr. bumper on my my K6s also. Very strong bumper. I stuffed hard foam tightly into the Bumper's hoops to make it a bit stronger, Flex's less. FWIW. Many guys will do this.

Last edited:
For the Super basher front bumper I was having a hard time getting this molding piece around the hinge-pin brace(?) pushed in. It was like there was no room for it to slide between the chassis and bulkhead.
1000001901.jpg

With a little prying it eventually popped in.
1000001904.jpg

For the final spring and bumper piece I need some 16mm screws which are arriving in a 460 pcs. Hilitchi kit tomorrow. 10.9 grade. Will post a pic here when complete.

12.9 grade is stronger.. As is the stock hardware . But you should be good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back