Protek driver no good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

Hi all!
This protek 2mm driver is a day old and doesn’t fit all the way into some of my armma 2mm screws. They are brand new screws with no dirt in them. It not fitting all the way in seems to strip screws and the bit itself. Any suggestions?

View attachment 366659View attachment 366660View attachment 366660
Hi all!
This protek 2mm driver is a day old and doesn’t fit all the way into some of my armma 2mm screws. They are brand new screws with no dirt in them. It not fitting all the way in seems to strip screws and the bit itself. Any suggestions?
Yeah, I bought a set of those back in the day. They were pretty much garbage that lasted a very short time before stripping out fasteners. Like every other brand I ever bought before MIP. It sounds like I’m being a jerk, but that is actually true. I was buying probably 4-6 sets of hex drivers a year before I bought MIP’s. I bought my first set of MIPs three years ago. The second set I bought on sale, and they are still in the packaging. And the first set is still great. I can’t recommend them highly enough. They seem expensive until you realize that you’re literally buying three drivers every few years.

View attachment 366685
I picked these up at local hobby shop after buying my senton. They are still going strong and not wore at all. I'm sure there not the quality of MIP but can't knock them so far.
I’ve heard others say they like the Dynamite drivers, too. Interesting that they have replaceable tips, you could keep some extras on hand.

I have a large set of Protek hex drivers and nut drivers, and none of them have had any issues over the four or more years I've had them. I did replace the 2mm hex driver blade after two years: it wasn't really worn out - I did it as a precautionary measure. I recently bought a set of MIP drivers, primarily because they have larger handles so I can get more torque. The MIP drivers are now my primary set of tools: the Protek drivers went into my mobile toolbox.

I’ve heard others say they like the Dynamite drivers, too. Interesting that they have replaceable tips, you could keep some extras on hand.

View attachment 366685
I picked these up at local hobby shop after buying my senton. They are still going strong and not wore at all. I'm sure there not the quality of MIP but can't knock them so far.
I have had the Dynamite set in use for about 5 years no joke! And the MIP speed bits for 3 years. When I bought the Dynamite back in 2006 they cost $ 20 bucks. When I got rid of my nitro cars and trucks I picked up a HPI Baja 5b SS they became useless. 2 years ago I found them going threw all my rc crap and put them back in use. I did grind a little off the tip of the 2mm allen.
20240516_083520.jpg

5 years running and my Protek drivers are holding up pretty well, I have a set for me and a set for the boys, both still work well. I have taken my Noto all the way down and back up 3 times, plus normal maintenance with them so far, also worked on the SCX 10.2 with em🤞 they keep doing their thing.

Okay, it’s definitely a QC problem.
Compared it in the same screws with two cheapo brands, and my brand new! Set of MIP speed tips. It’s just too big. I will be in touch with Amain, pretty confident they will remedy this.

The only real control is a wheelie or air born doing a flip. The rest of the time does what it wants for the most part. Just hanging on.

Back