Fireteam Problem with motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kowal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi! Yesterday i got my first Arrma RC... and I have a problem. (I didn't even start it)

I would like to change the motor(because I have a different ones )
And I cant unscrew motor mount. Inner or outer. they don't move at all, Also heating doesn't help. how can i take it off? share your tips on what to do in the new rig too...

IMG-20240510-WA0016.jpeg

Hi! Yesterday i got my first Arrma RC... and I have a problem. (I didn't even start it)

I would like to change the motor(because I have a different ones )
And I cant unscrew motor mount. Inner or outer. they don't move at all, Also heating doesn't help. how can i take it off? share your tips on what to do in the new rig too...

View attachment 365880

You need concentrated heat..
From a mini torch, so you can direct it right on them bolts.. for a minute or two.

IMG_20240511_092528639.jpg

So i won't damage motor? How far away should I keep the heat source from the screws?

You can get those mini torches for $2-3 at Dollar General.

You want to get the tip of the flame right on the screw and keep it there for a good minute or two. The heat has to have enough time to permeate down the whole threaded shaft to be able to break loose the loctite..

If you're worried about burning part of your motor , just use some aluminum foil and wrap/shield that section.
But honestly that's not going to be an issue.

And of course protect any plastic bits that's around the same area.. ie ESC, cables, center diff cover etc.

I have MM screws being reused with a dremel slot for a thick flathead, sounds like you’re well past using a good 2.5mm bit with ample preheat.
A couple others use a 7/64” SAE hammered in and grip well. Not going to make it long in this hobby without ingenuity…

100% what they said. Heat and repeat.

I use mini torch for about 15-30 seconds at a time. Test it, then repeat if needed.

Wad up aluminum foil around sensitive areas.

Good flat ground (not ball end) hex tool. Do not us an electric screwdriver or impact.

Should we go back to flatheads as well? You know the earth used to be flat too.. 🤣

Be sure to replace it with a Phillips screw too-they’re the same shitt…

Best part of your retaliation from getting schooled is, guess what the next step is once you twist out a hex...:rolleyes:

Same for a Phillips head.

Back