Official AliExpress Wheel Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are those mirage tires?
Quality, spin nice and true. I think they'd be good on blacktop. I found them a bit slippy on my clay track, but it has a lot of loose dirt and is a rough surface. They aren't showing any signs of wear after about 6-10 packs on them. Seem like a hard compound, very little rolling resistance. Sidewalls are fairly compliant, tread area is stiff, makes sense given they are belted I suppose. These are the only belted tires I own. They're about a 1/4-3/8" narrower than the Fortress.

Quality, spin nice and true. I think they'd be good on blacktop. I found them a bit slippy on my clay track, but it has a lot of loose dirt and is a rough surface. They aren't showing any signs of wear after about 6-10 packs on them. Seem like a hard compound, very little rolling resistance. Sidewalls are fairly compliant, tread area is stiff, makes sense given they are belted I suppose. These are the only belted tires I own. They're about a 1/4-3/8" narrower than the Fortress.
That is one hell of a description. Thanks man.

Sub'd way too late. I need some cheap tires.
Never too late bro!! 👍

Being that tires are consumables, it's a never ending thing. I have the Mirage TT's tucked away ATM, as were the Katar T's..the Katars I just broke out again recently. I have them on my long armed Mojo. I love the size and durability, just wish for a tighter tread pattern. But I'm rockin them for now.

Last edited:
I've run the AliEx Mojo tires a handful of times now on both my long armed Mojo and my short armed Kraton. They're a nice tire, don't balloon much, but not getting the grip I was hoping for from them. I'll tuck them away for now, maybe try them again in summer when the track is cleaner.
So for now I've been running the Katar T's on the Mojo, which are definitely loose and greasy on hardpack, but the size is perfect. Losi XTT on the Kraton, which are awesome.
I just found and ordered a set of these off amazon. $35 for a set, same dimensions as the Katar T's. See if they're the ticket I'm searching for. I have to imagine they can be found on AliEx, likely for cheaper, but damned if I could find them on AliEx, LOL.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C39VMBWF?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Screenshot_20240506-130405_Samsung Internet.jpg

May need some of those for the Typhon6S....
You can, just keep in mind these are quite a bit taller, Typhon tires are 116mm tall, these are 146mm. So 4 1/2" vs 5 3/4". Need to make sure the chassis still touches down before the shocks bottom out, otherwise you'll be breaking shock rod ends, standoffs, or bending shock shafts. I'm not sure how tall you can get away with on the Typhon safely.

Just a quick update on the 146mm tires (for Talion) off amazon. It's a bust. They are 116mm standard buggy size.. boo hoo. They are an exact replica of the Dboots Exabytes that come on the TLR Typhon, without branding. They seem well made FWIW, but they're headed back to amazon. Problem with the Dboots Exabytes is the compound, just too hard to get grip on a slippery surface such as clay, but the tread pattern is too tight to be worth anything on loose dirt.. so IDK what the Exabytes are actually good for, I guess they're round and made of rubber at least? Essentially useless.. IMO of course. ✌️
Back to the never ending search for tall buggy tires suitable for slippy clay..

Back