Offically a Teamster Class A trucker! 👌

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve always had a fascination with the railroad. Hopefully the 💰 is better.
Much... and less wear and tear on the body. Because it's a light commuter rail it is a very easy job. I've heard horror stories about freight.

I've been there about 6 months. Hopefully in another 6 or so I will be in Engineer class. Even more money so that will be awesome.

No longer a Teamster Trucker! 😆
I am now a Operating Engineer Licensed Train Conductor. Things changed quickly. 😏

Congrats! Before I was a Tanker Yanker I was IUOE. Crane operator. I might have said it earlier in the thread but I’m not reading back. 😝. I’m not doing any of that now though. Life took a weird turn for the better. Getting that stress off my body will make me live longer anyways.

Much... and less wear and tear on the body. Because it's a light commuter rail it is a very easy job. I've heard horror stories about freight.

I've been there about 6 months. Hopefully in another 6 or so I will be in Engineer class. Even more money so that will be awesome.
Good for you brother! Getting out there to find what you actually want to do!! I settled on an "okay" job..wish I hadn't now, at 53 years old and 27 years on the job. I've known folks who've worked for CSX, great benefits, long hours, little time for life. Of course I'd have been nearly retiring by now, instead of working till I die, LOL.

Good for you brother! Getting out there to find what you actually want to do!! I settled on an "okay" job..wish I hadn't now, at 53 years old and 27 years on the job. I've known folks who've worked for CSX, great benefits, long hours, little time for life. Of course I'd have been nearly retiring by now, instead of working till I die, LOL.
Sorry man. Where are you working?

Sorry man. Where are you working?
In a grocery store distribution center..I used to "pick things up and put them down"..(order picker). Then worked my way through all the hourly positions within the warehouse before finally landing my current gig as "the parts guy" in the forklift maint shop.. I've swelled by about 40lb since taking this job.. LOL. It's not too bad, M-F 8-4:30. Which doesn't exist out in the warehouse.

I need one for people in the fast lane.
Screenshot_20240403-194539.png

Ugh. Teamsters. Either way congrats. I drive a tanker for a non union company. I was a union crane operator but got tired of their views and them taking my money. Company was half teamsters, half operating engineers (IUOE).
Fellow tanker yanker. Right on!

Yea, well nobody else really hires new grads except for major OTR fleets and I don't want to be out for weeks or months on end. I like unions views but I've also never worked for one. My goal is to drive cryo tankers but I need at least a year of seat time before anyone will even review my application. Got to start somewhere. 🤷

Running cryo is a sweet gig! Been running cryogenics 12 years now.

Fellow tanker yanker. Right on!

Running cryo is a sweet gig! Been running cryogenics 12 years now.
Was the goal for me... If I ever go back it's a possibility. I'm a train conductor now for a small commuter rail. If all goes well I'll be an engineer within a year. Easy fiddlesticking money. 🤷‍♂️

I need one for people in the fast lane. View attachment 359965
TBH, I use the left lane whenever I'm on a highway with two lanes of same direction. Or the middle on a 3 lane.. round here the right lane is always hammered from the truck traffic. So, until DOT does something to fix the roads, feel free to blow ur horns and tell me I'm "number one" till ur hearts content.😉😜🍻

Explains why I see a lot of NY tags doing 45 in the left lane. :cautious:
Only if I'm driving my xB! That thing spins like 4k RPM at 65mph!!😂
I honestly don't use highways but a handful of times yearly. I'm a dedicated two lane road guy. 👌 Thankfully I don't need to travel highways very often.

Only if I'm driving my xB! That thing spins like 4k RPM at 65mph!!😂
I honestly don't use highways but a handful of times yearly. I'm a dedicated two lane road guy. 👌 Thankfully I don't need to travel highways very often.
1dfe2d9de4decad627e27a4a1d46c9be.gif

Back