Notorious power issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepiper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Last time I drove my Notorious 6s, everything seems perfect. Since then, I've been driving my new Outcast 8s (amazing truck so far). I took my 6s out tonight and it wasn't powering up. The power button comes on and the esc fan turns on, but nothing else.

I forgot to power the truck off, since it wasn't powering up, but the button was still lit. It suddenly turned on after half an hour. I heard the beeping and quickly went to turn on the transmitter. I had control. Throttle was fine, servo functioned like normal. I tapped into something at a very slow speed, and it stopped. The motor tones went again, and I had control again. I then intentionally tapped into something again and it powered off entirely, and it won't turn on again. What could this issue be?

Sounds like a loose wire or connector somewhere? Id start with the battery cable and power wires and work backwards.
I've wiggled all connections, it is getting power fine, as the light comes on, and the fan runs. My heatsink fans don't get power, and the receiver and servo clearly aren't getting power. 5v would still allow servo response. No beeps, no flashes from the esc, and the light bar doesn't light. The servo in there is the Zoskay 35kg. I don't mind if I should go more expensive...but I really don't feel the need for some $150 servo. I'm sort of a wherever I go basher, not doing massive jumps, heavy throttle all the time, so none of my setup is ever heavily stressed, and I've yet to break anything other than a rock grinding down the center diff (upgrades all diffs for piece of mind and ease of maintenance), and the wing mount.

I've been winter driving, but use a cover over the chassis, so snow hasn't been in the chassis in large amounts. Apart from battle damage, the truck is impeccable. Cleaned, dried, upgraded focused on the chassis and drivetrain. It isn't something that has been left with water and dirt.

I plan to share this hobby as a teacher, incorporate electronics and connecting to physics. So I am not too shabby with electronics, and if I can fix it, I will try before buying a new component of the vehicle. Mechanical parts, a little harder to repair, so you can't avoid buying that for the most part, but it could just be one little electrical issue, costing only the smallest amount of solder.

Sorry about the rant

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back