Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The meetup is in 4 days!

1691623052629.png

I'm going to try to make it this month but all my stuff is off road.

I wanted to give a quick heads up to the group, but it'll take a little story time first. I'm in a disc golf group on Facebook called Park'd for Parks and they have been working with the city to turn part of the old golf course at Indian Lakes into a disc golf course. At first they talked about having two or three 9 to 18 hole courses setup on the property but I think it's been talked down to one 9 hole course.

I don't see that causing a problem but it may result in more traffic in the parking lot and more people around at times. No construction has been started, they've just been setting up some temporary holes and playing them to figure out the layout.

Last edited:
The weather was great yesterday for the meetup! We had a small turnout. We ended up not using any ramps or the timing system. We had fun making up different race courses and racing almost every car we brought except the brushed cars. The off-road course we created used two trees and a light pole. It also had a figure 8 design in it which lead to some very close calls! It was a great time. I think I used more batteries completely than I have in a long time.

1692041878865.png

The weather was great yesterday for the meetup! We had a small turnout. We ended up not using any ramps or the timing system. We had fun making up different race courses and racing almost every car we brought except the brushed cars. The off-road course we created used two trees and a light pole. It also had a figure 8 design in it which lead to some very close calls! It was a great time. I think I used more batteries completely than I have in a long time.

View attachment 317141
It was fun to mix things up and race all my cars. I hope we can do that again.

I hope everybody is ready or getting ready for the meet tomorrow! I'm planning on bringing my K8s, Typhon 6s, Granite 6s, and Infraction 8s. See you there at 1pm!

🏎️🏎️🏎️

How did this meetup turn out? wasn't able to make this one, but I'm hoping ill be available for the next one!

It was fun! We did more street racing instead of in the dirt with the 2wd SCT's but it worked well. The DBXLE that spent a week in the pond made a return as a 24s rig. It was insane hearing those big tires blow!

I remembered to bring my GoPro this time, and actually used it!

This was my first time really using it while mounted on my transmitter, so forgive me, but the clips I captured aren't very good. You get a lot of views of the ground. Seems that my videography skills are about the same as my driving skills! :ROFLMAO:

I also just quicky tossed this together, so its not fancy in any way.

Anyway, enjoy!

Sounds fun, I'll have to bring my cars out on the 8th. Is this place good for rc's anytime or just for the meetup?

Anytime. Very little foot/bike/vehicle traffic. If you venture out onto the actual golf course, there's tons of land to explore and bash on. The asphalt is a bit rough so increase the ride height of any on-road vehicles, max height is probably best.

Crap, The 8th is my b-day

A few of us met up this past Sunday for a mini on-road meetup at COD.

Here's some video I took with my drone:

Want to join us for the next impromptu mini meetup? Join our Telegram chat group! The invite link is in the very first post of this thread!

I read the article and looks like we gota go somewhere else.
Maybe eventually, but we're still fine for now.

We should start looking for alternative locations that we can possibly move to in the future.

Hello i saw this place before
@ Wolf rd.

Its a closed menard parking lot,.
Check the pictures.

Screenshot_20231104_184917_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231104_184927_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231104_184953_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231104_185003_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
Back