No Smoking now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I forgot to mention this, but I haven’t had a cigarette since the morning of my knee replacement surgery on April 10th. After smoking for 40 years I gotta say, it’s very freaking strange. I realize now how many triggers I had before and didn’t even realize it. Coffee and after a meal of course. But when I take the dog out, log off a device, before a drive, after a drive (never smoked in cars or inside) etc.
No nicotine or nicotine replacement of any kind (gum, patch, etc), I just cold-turkey’d it while still under the soothing caresses of opioids. I ran out of pain killers about a week and a half ago. So, this Wednesday it will be a month. Trippy, man.
Oddly, I haven’t even gone on a five state killing spree yet. Strange.
That's a win, win. Your body with thank you, and your rc budget just got bigger! Congrats. :)

Congrats. Stick with it. You'll have more "pep in your step". Especially with the new knee. Lol.

It's not easy. I quit in 2010 or 11. Was also shocked at how many triggers. You just have to retrain your brain. Actually don't mind when others smoke around me now. It gets easier. But, still miss it. I just remind myself that I can afford this or that now.

When gf was in Minnesota, I went 5 days without leaving my house!(y)

Well done, Dan. I quit in 2014 and still get the urge when I see someone light one up in a movie or such. Stay strong, you'll notice the improved wind in about 6 months. (y)
Awesome...improved wind! No need for fart machine.

Last edited:
Congratulations Dam.B NO MORE CIGARETTES!
I've been putting it off for a week. This afternoon had my last cigarette. Instead of getting more I choose the nicotine patch. I've had them for a week and just keeped putting it off. I don't smoke in my apartment so it's stairs or slow ass elevator to go smoke.

My congratulations. I hope that you stick it out, because the worst thing is not the turkey, but the time afterwards when your brain keeps telling you that you should become weak. I did that about 20 years ago after smoking for 25 years. And now the good news: The lungs will regenerate completely and after about 21 days, which is the time in which your body renews the blood, you will be much fitter because all the carbon monoxide that blocks the red blood cells is gone.
You can do that !!
Now calculate how many RCs you can buy with the money you spent on tobacco

Well done Dan.

I've noticed less people are smoking cigarettes these days. Especially at work. Nobody on our crew smokes. Although we do drink a lot of coffee and eat the biscuits 🤣.

Well done Dan.

I've noticed less people are smoking cigarettes these days. Especially at work. Nobody on our crew smokes. Although we do drink a lot of coffee and eat the biscuits 🤣.
Agreed. One good thing is that none of our acquaintances smoke, so I won’t be tempted by friends. Fewer and fewer people smoke for sure. Used to be simply everyone smoked, and for the last few years I’ve felt like a bit of a pariah going outside of a bar to smoke.

My struggles are usually what I swap in place of the habit. This round I started with all natural decaffeinated tea, then transitioned into bubbly water and now drinking diet root beer like fien. Last time I was sober for 90 days I got really addicted to caffeine so this time was more about not inducing caffeine headaches.

The easy part for me was putting something in my hand at the Bar, Restaurant or Social Event. Long as I had something other than a Beer I was fine, well it wasn't satisfying. Might try a placebo item, try a straw or pencil so that you feel more natural. I was blown away by just opening a can of Soda Water and standing by the BBQ. I feel like I was retraining myself every time I took a sip and made a frowny face of what is this.

FYI I was to fat to be a living donor. So I lost 40lbs, which took me 100 days, just to be told you need to lose more weight... Well my Birthday is coming up, Camping Season and a Vegas Trip I am having some Burgers and Beer!

Excellent Dan! If you decide to start again I’ll gladly come over and smack that new knee with a hammer.. 😏
Guy Smash GIF

Now if I could just give up this damn Skoal.. 🥴

Back