No power to driveteain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubled603

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the rc addiction. I got a granite 3s blx last week and ran for the first time very shortly yesterday. Today I went to take it out again got ten minutes out of it and it stopped moving. I was doing a slow turn in some grass and it seems i may have broke something in the drivetrain. I still have power to steer the tires but no forward or backward momentum. I haven’t done any upgrades haven’t taken it apart nothing took it out of the box and charged the battery. Any input would be great thanks

Thats $hitty,didn't really get to enjoy it before it broke. I've had really good luck with mine right outa the box.ive got 5 an never had to contact HH.im hard on um Too.most my damage was done from my own ignorance. I try all kinds of stupid $hit with mine..lol
It is what it is at this point. I work concrete construction I was more excited about bringing it on some jobs sites and beating it up but eventually it’ll happen

It is what it is at this point. I work concrete construction I was more excited about bringing it on some jobs sites and beating it up but eventually it’ll happen
I'm an insulater,commercial and residential.do spray foam an ive alway got rc in work truck tearing poop up on jobs.construction jobs are the best

I'm an insulater,commercial and residential.do spray foam an ive alway got rc in work truck tearing poop up on jobs.construction jobs are the best
The commercial jobs are what I’m looking forward too especially being in New England this time of year it’s pretty much a big mud hole

The commercial jobs are what I’m looking forward too especially being in New England this time of year it’s pretty much a big mud hole
Same here now but they are still pouring foundations..im just outside of st louis.

Screenshot_20210314-192952_Weather.jpg

Recently sprayed ext walls an a huge Marijuana grow ,dispensary working 3rd shift.me an partner had whole place to ourselves till midnight.huge building with dusty concrete drifting trying not to hit pillars.so fun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-193832_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-193832_Photos.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210314-193819_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-193819_Photos.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
When you give it throttle does the motor spin at all? Did you try recharging the battery? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in shortly.
Hey guys new to the rc addiction. I got a granite 3s blx last week and ran for the first time very shortly yesterday. Today I went to take it out again got ten minutes out of it and it stopped moving. I was doing a slow turn in some grass and it seems i may have broke something in the drivetrain. I still have power to steer the tires but no forward or backward momentum. I haven’t done any upgrades haven’t taken it apart nothing took it out of the box and charged the battery. Any input would be great thanks
Not sure what has happened since you first posted this. My wife and I took our rigs out today and she almost immediately had problems similar with her Senton.

She had steering but no forward or reverse. Restarted everything and still no movement forward or backward other than very minimal forward for just a half second at best.

In the end I looked up on this forum and saw from one of the moderators in the past post on how to rebind the transmitter and receiver on the Senton.

In my instance, that fixed it straight away. If all else fails and you haven't tried to rebind your transmitter it's worth a try.

Maybe that will help maybe not

Last edited:
Then your problem is after esc.wires going to motor or motor.check motor shaft for play.motor bearings have been a problem for arrma
Hey Kbash...I'll keep you in mind if I have anymore esc problems......

For real
Is this something that’s always going to be a problem if that’s what it is? I got it on Wednesday and have used it for a total of twenty minutes. Haven’t jumped it, maxed speed out. I’ve just been trying to get the feel of it nothing crazy
I hope not for you.....it hasn't been my experience with our rigs......have had a few little glitches, but they were fixed with minimal headache.....the folks on this forum have helped tremendously
Iron out the issues and the guys on the crew will LOVE it and want one for themselves....

Can't help but suggest.....

MOJAVE.......
Most likely something simple,if motor is bad you'll have to contact HH an they'll send you a new one.id got get a 30$ 3670-2850kv for truck anyway.more power,runs cooler in summer.then sell new motor.THATS IF MOTOR IS BAD..sorry for your luck
Me too......

To the original poster....Doubled603......

by and large I have had no real problems with our Senton and Mojave.....so far the problems have been minimal and the fun has been great for this 54 year old who used to do concrete who is rediscovering my second childhood......

Keep bringing any problems to the forum, the folks here have helped me I don't know how many times .....

And the hobby is a BLAST.....

If you can send a video rockin the rig at a crete jobsite, download it.....would love to see it !!

Last edited:

For real

I hope not for you.....it hasn't been my experience with our rigs......have had a few little glitches, but they were fixed with minimal headache.....the folks on this forum have helped tremendously

Iron out the issues and the guys on the crew will LOVE it and want one for themselves....

MOJAVE.......

Me too......

by and large I have had no real problems with our Senton and Mojave.....so far the problems have been minimal and the fun has been great for this 54 year old who used to do concrete who is rediscovering my second childhood......

Keep bringing any problems to the forum, the folks here have helped me I don't know how many times .....

If you can send a video rockin the rig at a crete jobsite, download it.....would love to see it !!

For real

MOJAVE.......

Me too......

I tried to do a factory reset and a couple other tips I found on YouTube and this forum with no success. I finally got an email back from HH so hopefully I get a resolution soon. As for driving on the site, I think I have a couple guys on the crew that are more excited than I am haha

Quick question......did you try this? Not sure if we. Is same as Senton....
16158138364524841042268719041784.jpg

16158138364524841042268719041784.jpg
This is what I had to do......if you already did or it doesn't work, apologies.....hope you can read it.....I'm a nurse now after my construction days.....we are notorious for poor handwriting

View attachment 132304

This is what I had to do......if you already did or it doesn't work, apologies.....hope you can read it.....I'm a nurse now after my construction days.....we are notorious for poor handwriting
There’s a video I watched on YouTube and it showed to pull the yellow wire while doing a reset and I’ve tried the yellow orange separately then both to no avail. I’ll give this a try in a little bit once my monsters (kids) calm down a bit haha. My three year old son has his own rc monster jam monster truck and he’s very upset that my truck doesn’t work haha. I’ll post back on here if your method works or not. Thank you

Call arrma

There’s a video I watched on YouTube and it showed to pull the yellow wire while doing a reset and I’ve tried the yellow orange separately then both to no avail. I’ll give this a try in a little bit once my monsters (kids) calm down a bit haha. My three year old son has his own rc monster jam monster truck and he’s very upset that my truck doesn’t work haha. I’ll post back on here if your method works or not. Thank you
My case I didn't have to pull any wires..... We have ran the Senton probably 10 times now without any problem like this and it just jumped up yesterday after about 10 minutes of running and stalled out. If it's the same ESC, it just might work for you. That would be cool...... If not, sorry and I hope Horizon hobby will make it right with you..... By the way I put my Mojave through some serious smackdown yesterday..... Not a single thing broke runs like a top. The Senton usually does too.........the same manufacturer of your rig, of course.
There are good times ahead with the rig you've got, just got to make it through this little glitch you ran into.....

Haha well mine is still downstairs in the basement and the wife isn’t complaining about a bad smell if that tells you anything
She might have Covid-19.... 😳😜

Sorry for my poor attempt at humor, but all this quarantine time has warped my brain. Ahhh who am I kidding, I’ve always been an asshole. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like a bad ESC. Did it get wet? If not get a new once via warranty. The Arrma/Spectrum ESCs are made by Hobbywing and are generally decent. They have had some QC issues since the whole pandemic, but prior were really good.

If possible, try to recalibrate your throttle.
Youtube has alot of fixes, if you scour hard enough. But, I'm sure some of these members will help you through this.
Good luck......
Yes sir, I just sent him the directions on how to do that. It may be the problem. Just had the problem with my Senton
yesterday, and recalibrating the throttle fixed it right away

Yes sir, I just sent him the directions on how to do that. It may be the problem. Just have the problem with my Senton
Haha, I guess you posted that while I was writing my reply. Great minds...think along the same lines.... Hahahahah.
I hole that is the fix.

Sorry for my poor attempt at humor, but all this quarantine time has warped my brain. Ahhh who am I kidding, I’ve always been an asshole. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like a bad ESC. Did it get wet? If not get a new once via warranty. The Arrma/Spectrum ESCs are made by Hobbywing and are generally decent. They have had some QC issues since the whole pandemic, but prior were really good.
Yessir.....he may have to do that...... Too bad his intro to the hobby went like this.....I hope recalibrating his throttle works....if it doesn't I wouldn't know what else to do other than call HH.....

Side note.
.....I should have bought Lovestrickens crawler

She can still smell enough that my work boots have to go down stairs as soon as I get home haha. I haven’t even had a solid twenty minutes of run time and didn’t go threw any water. I’m waiting on Horizon Hobby to send me an email back but I may try calling today I’m starting to lose my patience. They truck hasn’t even been in my possession for a week, pretty disappointing

She can still smell enough that my work boots have to go down stairs as soon as I get home haha. I haven’t even had a solid twenty minutes of run time and didn’t go threw any water. I’m waiting on Horizon Hobby to send me an email back but I may try calling today I’m starting to lose my patience. They truck hasn’t even been in my possession for a week, pretty disappointing
Sounds like your boots would wake the dead. 😜

Yes sir, I just sent him the directions on how to do that. It may be the problem. Just had the problem with my Senton
No luck. Just tried it twice and still no throttle and green blinking light. I really want to get this going so I may just bite the bullet and go buy a new esc today

Back