New SR7 from Team Associated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a thread on this a few months ago. As usual it is titled poorly so a search does not return results. I am surprised they still have not launched the product.
Hopefully it is good. I know Rlaarlo is supposed to launch a similar product too.

I can’t find any chassis pictures or details about the power system. Am I blind or are they just not available?
Looks like a typical 1/8 power system
I especially like the Deans connectors SMH

1712082471690.png

1712084972459.png

Last edited:
I wonder why they went with a Traxxas style wheel hex up front, but standard in the rear? The offset track widths are a nice touch though.
Screenshot_20240402_161625_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240402_161707_Chrome.jpg

Also, it would appear there is a provision for a large twist lock up front. I wonder what it's purpose is?
Screenshot_20240402_162105_Chrome.jpg

This looks better built than most of their 1/10 RTRs and Enduros, which feels cheap and crap to me.

What's the deal with Deans though?

This looks better built than most of their 1/10 RTRs and Enduros, which feels cheap and crap to me.

They've always run those things. No clue why they haven't adapted to anything relevant to the last 30 years lol.

I’ve had a couple Enduros and thought they seemed high quality 🤷‍♂️. Definitely competitive with my Traxxas and Axial crawlers.

Team Associated builds rather good products. My Nomad DB-8 is fantastic, and they are no slouch on the 1/8 scale racing scene. Their kits are excellent. I see this as more a drifter than hard-core basher, but if setup correctly, it should be rather nimble and precise in it's handling.

As for their crawler line at Element, those trucks are actually quite good. I'll take a 1/10 Element any day over a 1/10 Axial, especially the kits.

I would absolutely take the SR7 over any Arrma equivalent for my non-bashing style of driving. Conversely, I would not launch this SR7 off a ramp and expect it to remain in one piece, where as the Arrma would easily handle the abuse. Just different animals.

Nomad Beadlock Small.jpg

I’ve had a couple Enduros and thought they seemed high quality 🤷‍♂️. Definitely competitive with my Traxxas and Axial crawlers.
Just my opinion, but I don't think the Enduros are as well made as the TRX-4 or the SCX10.3. They're not bad RTRs, just not impressed with them.

Like the body and the concept! It looks very much like my MT8 which is a good thing to me, I really enjoy the handling and drivetrain. I wish they would make a higher quality replacement for the Apex line. The entrance into the 1/7 scale is smart but they are fighting an uphill battle with how overpriced the 1/10 and 1/14 hoonigan line is. I just don't see this being a huge seller as Associated doesn't have good standings in the bashing world outside the MT10.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the Enduros are as well made as the TRX-4 or the SCX10.3. They're not bad RTRs, just not impressed with them.

I agree, mine has stripped and over tightened screws. Shocks and other things seem to be of different quality from my other Associated vehicles. They are overpriced as well for a basic crawler without features and licensed bodies. I only have one because I wanted 190mm wheelbase with IFS. The lack luster driving experience out of the box has really kept me from modifying it, its not really that fun to drive.

I've got three Element crawlers and had no complaints, I've had one servo go out (which can happen with any brand). Other than that they have been really good performers straight out of the box. With a few upgrades they can be excellent and still be less expensive than an out of the box big brand name.

As for AE's street machines I wouldn't hesitate if I were in the market.

That is why there is variety, everybody likes different things. (y)

Last edited:
Back