Limitless New Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Nitz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
I'm a few weeks into this build, went with a Castle MMX 8S/1717 combo. Changed out the electronic tray for the felony infraction version. Picked up a 3D printed monster Max ESC holder that bolts directly into the electronics tray of the felony and infraction. The Limitless electronics box is laid out differently and is too small. Still trying to figure out the gearing which is a little confusing for me, I'm coming from monster trucks never had an on-road build specially something that will likely exceed 100 mph 🤪. I have a PPS motor mount on the way, and the drive shaft support and top cap as well. Here's some pics of some progress.

IMG_20210818_193131985.jpg

IMG_20210820_181859877.jpg

IMG_20210820_134355022.jpg

IMG_20210820_181859877.jpg

IMG_20210819_184520059.jpg

IMG_20210819_184507531.jpg

Street bash gearing is similar to off-bashing. For example, Infraction uses 15t pinion and 46t spur. Whereas the Mojave used a 16/50 setup. You just wanna watch the heat on the motor as gear it up for more speed.

If you have the 1250kv 1717 motor that’s meant for more bashing whereas the 1620kv 1717 is best for drag/speedrunning. The 1250kv will run hotter geared for the same speed as the 1620kv.

Also there’s a gear chart that comes with the limitless and shows you the various ratios. The smallest pinion that’ll fit on the 34t spool is a 27t and largest is a 40t if you’re using the stock motor mount. I’m not sure what the PPS range is.

But the 27/34 is a great starting ratio. To give you an idea, I was able to hit 77mph on 4S with a Mojave (had infraction diffs)

I’m still new to all this speed stuff so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Street bash gearing is similar to off-bashing. For example, Infraction uses 15t pinion and 46t spur. Whereas the Mojave used a 16/50 setup. You just wanna watch the heat on the motor as gear it up for more speed.

If you have the 1250kv 1717 motor that’s meant for more bashing whereas the 1620kv 1717 is best for drag/speedrunning. The 1250kv will run hotter geared for the same speed as the 1620kv.

Also there’s a gear chart that comes with the limitless and shows you the various ratios. The smallest pinion that’ll fit on the 34t spool is a 27t and largest is a 40t if you’re using the stock motor mount. I’m not sure what the PPS range is.

But the 27/34 is a great starting ratio. To give you an idea, I was able to hit 77mph on 4S with a Mojave (had infraction diffs)

I’m still new to all this speed stuff so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the info, yeah I've gone over the gearing chart that came with the kit. I know that the PPS Mount has a very wide range, it's the newer version that he designed to accept a wider range of motor sizes. If I can get it to mash up correctly I will run the stock earring to start out, waiting on the mount.
I forgot to specify the 1717 is a 1650kv

I want to get the hang of controlling something this fast, building it for speed runs but we'll take baby steps. Then most likely change the gearing around to have a little bit of fun with it. Will be running some quality 8s packs about 80 to 100 c. This is all new to me as far as speed run cars, the hardest part is finding where to take it in my area where it will be completely safe for everyone. My losi super Baja Ray 2.0 is frightening and it only hits 50+ 😟
2 x 4s packs

I found a cool road in a couple different towns near where they keep the DPW Equipment. A lot of towns have this type of area near highways too.

Edit: DPW= Department of Public Works / Highway Department

For sure. It’s funny because after your first 100mph+ run speeds like 70s, 80s, feel so slow lol

Biggest mistakes I made in the beginning was trigger smashing the last 15% of available throttle.. sent me outta control every time. It’s all about being gradual on the throttle and keeping the throttle build up as linear as possible.

I’ve since turned down my steering input so that it’s less reactive snd slow.. quick corrections send me into curbs.

Other helpful ESC setup tips are you don’t need PUNCH.. so turn that completely off.

First thing you should do is make sure your fail safe works. And test the distance of your transmitter. Do this before your runs because you wanna push the distance as far as possible and you wanna know exactly how far you can drive it and have control.

Get yourself a center diff from the Infraction to get started. The stock spool doesn’t allow for low speed gearing that I would recommend you start with if you’ve never done a speed run before.

Get yourself a center diff from the Infraction to get started. The stock spool doesn’t allow for low speed gearing that I would recommend you start with if you’ve never done a speed run before.

That’s a good idea. I saw in the picture a Felony. He could throw that 46t diff in and with the 27t pinion get about 80s-90s on 6S.

The 27/34 setup would be good on 4S too.

That’s a good idea. I saw in the picture a Felony. He could throw that 46t diff in and with the 27t pinion get about 80s-90s on 6S.

The 27/34 setup would be good on 4S too.
As a bit of advice, I would make sure you can go 60mph before you try to go 100mph. There is a very steep and expensive learning curve.

I want to get the hang of controlling something this fast, building it for speed runs but we'll take baby steps. Then most likely change the gearing around to have a little bit of fun with it. Will be running some quality 8s packs about 80 to 100 c. This is all new to me as far as speed run cars, the hardest part is finding where to take it in my area where it will be completely safe for everyone. My losi super Baja Ray 2.0 is frightening and it only hits 50+ 😟
2 x 4s packs
hi, i will be buying super baja ray 2.0 as my second rc in 2 weeks. is it possible to fit 2x 4s of 9000 mah batteries in it? like the below on

https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-9000mAh...04010ad0&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

what are the battery compartment size? does it have 2 battery compartments or only 1 big one?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back