New Castle 1/6 Mamba Monster X 8s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds RAD! hope to see some vids of you gett’n silly with it. ?

I hope so too.

1581318677605.png

It would be nice if this ESC does what it claims it will do. The only reason I am hesitant to try it is because of my experience with the Mamba Monster X/Castle 1515-2200Kv combo. That combo is rated to 15lbs but I always had heat issues running it in my Kraton. And that was before I had the M2C chassis, so it wasn't as heavy as it is now. I ended up moving it to my Typhon and it rips in that. No heat issues whatsoever.

The new ESC/Motor combo is rated to 30 lbs. That's what my 1/5 scale Kraton 8S weighs. I would want to gear it to about 60 mph and I'm afraid I'll run into the same heat issues I did with my Kraton 6S. I do enjoy the data logging features of sensored motors but $450 is a lot to gamble. I'm really hoping someone else will be the guinea pig!

It would be nice if this ESC does what it claims it will do. The only reason I am hesitant to try it is because of my experience with the Mamba Monster X/Castle 1515-2200Kv combo. That combo is rated to 15lbs but I always had heat issues running it in my Kraton. And that was before I had the M2C chassis, so it wasn't as heavy as it is now. I ended up moving it to my Typhon and it rips in that. No heat issues whatsoever.

The new ESC/Motor combo is rated to 30 lbs. That's what my 1/5 scale Kraton 8S weighs. I would want to gear it to about 60 mph and I'm afraid I'll run into the same heat issues I did with my Kraton 6S. I do enjoy the data logging features of sensored motors but $450 is a lot to gamble. I'm really hoping someone else will be the guinea pig!
Do you think the new cooling technology they are using will offset some of the issues you had with the MMX before? That’s the vibe I got from InnovationRCs video.

Do you think the new cooling technology they are using will offset some of the issues you had with the MMX before? That’s the vibe I got from InnovationRCs video.
You got me. The Sidewinder 4 had the same cooling technology and that ESC ran hot too. I hated that piece of crap.

You got me. The Sidewinder 4 had the same cooling technology and that ESC ran hot too. I hated that piece of crap.
Brandon was doing speed runs and the motor was barely 100 degrees after a 120+mph rip.

Brandon was doing speed runs and the motor was barely 100 degrees after a 120+mph rip.
I haven't seen that. He went 120 mph with a 1/5 scale Kraton 8S? ?? That's wild!

I haven't seen that. He went 120 mph with a 1/5 scale Kraton 8S? ?? That's wild!
?? No he was running the ESC in his Limitless but it shows how well it runs overall. A 120mph K8S is a way off I’m sure.

?? No he was running the ESC in his Limitless but it shows how well it runs overall. A 120mph K8S is a way off I’m sure.

I think pushing around a 30lb truck in a bash type scenario would be different than powering a much lighter on-road car to 120 mph. Maybe not though ?‍♂️

I think pushing around a 30lb truck in a bash type scenario would be different than powering a much lighter on-road car to 120 mph. Maybe not though ?‍♂️
Oh I get that. But my point was his rig ran way cooler comparing before and after using the ESC in the same rig under the same load. If that holds true in a FIFTH SCALE as well, then you might see lower temps too. ??‍♂️??

I'm not really sure what he's trying to show there. I would imagine this ESC is competing with the Max5 and not the Spektrum that comes with the truck. Oh wait. It does show the ESC is capable of moving the truck around without it having heat issues. I would have liked to have seen a 25t pinion and the fan on the motor though.

I guess my question is if you don't want to run sensored, why this ESC over a Max5? The $5 price difference can't be the deciding factor ?

I guess my question is if you don't want to run sensored, why this ESC over a Max5? The $5 price difference can't be the deciding factor ?
I think as you alluded to.... most will be ok with keeping their Max5 if they already have one. The perk of the Castle products like this would be the tuning capabilities it has for every small detail of what the ESC controls + data log capabilities. I have always like Castle's throttle and braking curve tuning to smooth out the over sensitive throttle common on 8s setups.
throttle curve.JPG

A downside of Castle compared to the Spektrum Firma "Smart" ESCs would be the cost to run telemetry. The Spektrum radio system isn't very expensive when compared to the Futaba 4px and 7px that are required to run the Castle Telemetry functions.

Just see now that Castle has a new look for their storefront. I just ordered some bling there yesterday and it was the old site. Haven't explored it yet but imo this looks like more progress and could be an exciting year for Castle Creations ??

http://home.castlecreations.com/

I just find it mind blowing that they still sell the mamba monster 2. The thing was such an advanced esc that over 7 years later it still makes sense to keep it in production! 7 years for an electronic is like a thousand years for a human!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back