Motor sizes explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the 1406 -
The diameter is 14 = 1.4" = 35.5mm
The rotor length (not can length) is 06 =0.6" per castle specs, this motor can is 49.5mm long. So this is a 540 size motor.

For a 1410, same 1.4"=35.5mm can diameter, but the rotor is now 1.0", and the can is 53mm, so a 550 size motor.

For the 1415, same diameter, but the rotor is 1.5", can length is 70mm. So 3670 size

Interesting, though, the 1515 is listed as 75mm long, even though it has the same 1.5" rotor length. 1515 = 4075 size.
Thanks for taking the time. I figured the numbers they assigned were relevant, just wasn't sure how. One would think that one of the most popular companies out there would label their stuff like everyone else so as to avoid confusion.

Thanks for taking the time. I figured the numbers they assigned were relevant, just wasn't sure how. One would think that one of the most popular companies out there would label their stuff like everyone else so as to avoid confusion.
I expressed the same thought in RCTech, and was told that pretty much every non-china motor company uses (stator diameter)(rotor/magnet length) for all brushless motors, both in runner and outrunner. Then the cheap China motors came along and started selling inrunner motors biased on the can size. Out runners still use the stator
/rotor sizing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back