Mojave Mojave EXB Speed Run Build Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool stuff buddy @jondilly1974, it can indeed help and prolong the lifetime of GRP. I haven't tried kevlar string, but so far the fishing wire is holding up. Nasty with the finger too when you are pulling it a bit tight hehe be careful not to get paper cuts :)
My hands are pretty tough from work, so they don’t cut easily, but still that fishing line is sharp 🤣🤘🏻 Going to test out the tires today. I hope they hold up. The glue has cured for days now.

Well the glue didn’t hold the fishing braid on the tires very long. Fronts held longer than the rears, but still blew a rear at 125mph. Pretty nasty crash. Lipos went sliding down the road. ABS skid is trashed. Body mounts ripped apart. Missing a lipo strap. Time to rebuild.

562B66DA-C28E-41DF-B902-591A8452A0FD.jpeg

2CA3DFFB-D729-4AA5-967C-2F8DE263B6D7.png

ouch sorry for that brother, I guess the tip doens't work well with the 1/5 grp :(
It could have been my application wasn’t as good. I got it wrapped around really well and glued evenly. But the IC-2000 glue just burned off very quickly and the wrap came off after that obviously. Maybe my treads weren’t deep enough. I had used these GRPs for drag racing before so they had been worn some. Either way, I’m moving to foams most likely. It was always the plan and going to be time now.

It could have been my application wasn’t as good. I got it wrapped around really well and glued evenly. But the IC-2000 glue just burned off very quickly and the wrap came off after that obviously. Maybe my treads weren’t deep enough. I had used these GRPs for drag racing before so they had been worn some. Either way, I’m moving to foams most likely. It was always the plan and going to be time now.
This is just like running the bigger Felony Hoons. Anything bigger than 100 mm is gonna have issues with ballooning at the speed you run. Everyone who's commented on my Facebook posts says foams are the only way to go when you get up into the 120 + catagory. Even though many have taken the regular GRP's into that territory, they all say it's just a receipe waiting for disaster.

This is just like running the bigger Felony Hoons. Anything bigger than 100 mm is gonna have issues with ballooning at the speed you run. Everyone who's commented on my Facebook posts says foams are the only way to go when you get up into the 120 + catagory. Even though many have taken the regular GRP's into that territory, they all say it's just a receipe waiting for disaster.
Yep I have been getting the same from the wisemen here. I even knew ahead of building this truck that while they look good, they weren’t going to hold up past a certain point. Was hoping wrapping would push that goal post a little further, but either way, it’s time for foams. Looking now to find something close to the same size, but I’m not sure they exist. I am also reaching out to Gone Bananas to see if he can foam swap the 1:5 GRPs. Either way, foams will be used from here on out. I’m done with GRPs.

Yep I have been getting the same from the wisemen here. I even knew ahead of building this truck that while they look good, they weren’t going to hold up past a certain point. Was hoping wrapping would push that goal post a little further, but either way, it’s time for foams. Looking now to find something close to the same size, but I’m not sure they exist. I am also reaching out to Gone Bananas to see if he can foam swap the 1:5 GRPs. Either way, foams will be used from here on out. I’m done with GRPs.
Okay, make a list of what you got. Notorious J will happily take those GRP's off your hands, for the right price of course😉

Here we go again….

Been there, but you handle it way better than I do....
That sigh at 15:08 ("I love this hobby, but in this moment I want to quit")

Anxious to see how the voltage sag looks with 12Ah. Hopefully if nothing else some good data will come from this outing.
127 from the YoWoo's was pretty good also.

Been there, but you handle it way better than I do....
That sigh at 15:08 ("I love this hobby, but in this moment I want to quit")

Anxious to see how the voltage sag looks with 12Ah. Hopefully if nothing else some good data will come from this outing.
127 from the YoWoo's was pretty good also.
Here are the logs in order of passes

Yowoo P1 127mph Log.jpg
Yowoo P2 127mph Log.jpg
CNHL 12ah 125mph Log.jpg

Here are the logs in order of passes

Looks like it was around 3v better than other runs at similar speeds.

Roughly 27 v an dropping fast.. I would expect you could reduce the gear a little given the extra RPMs? (food for thought)

1627326722841.png

Looks like it was around 3v better than other runs at similar speeds.

Roughly 27 v an dropping fast.. I would expect you could reduce the gear a little given the extra RPMs? (food for thought)

View attachment 160429
Here is the mouse over the spot where you marked... got down to 25.8v before the packs probably came unplugged. Next run will be with smaller size foams tires, so it will be geared down anyways.

1627329694646.png

GRP 1:5 118mm 150mph
1627329887281.png

Sweep Racing Max Forward 105mm 134mph
1627329932310.png

Here we go again! Got the sheet of ABS and I’m ready to get this thing built again.

9F134E1C-694C-42A8-9A4C-522774DD7D0C.jpeg
28BEF09F-14F8-484E-8A54-BF09F0528D0D.jpeg

Oh and I added two more lipo straps. Hopefully the lipo eject button is held in check this time 🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back