Mojave Mojave 4S steering loss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topazsparrow

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Have 2 batteries through my new Mojave 4s - I'm new to RC cars and this thing blows me away.

I had a couple good crashes though this past weekend because the steering seeming just stopped working randomly at the worst possible times (usually while going fast).

It seems to fail to turn left most. Sometimes turning right and then left again fixes it, other times it just mysteriously works fine after smashing face first into a tree or sign post I desperately wanted to avoid.

I've heard rocks can get caught up in the steering linkage and lock it up, but it happened a couple times and I checked the linkage after each crash.

Anything I should be checking for the veterans?

I run in an unfortunately rocky area and it happens very frequently. The crashes could be freeing the rock so you never actually get to see it stuck I suppose. Are there little rocks in your area? Or even wood chips or anything else honestly

You may have a weak servo, or something is binding in the steering linkage. Start with unhooking the servo arm from the steering linkage and see if there is any binding in the linkage first. If there isn't any binding, then there's a good chance the servo is bad.

The servos that come with Arrma vehicles aren't the greatest: they don't have enough torque for the vehicles they are used in, and they are a bit slow. You can get a better servo from Amazon for less than $30:

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Core...8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

I have had the servo saver get stuck in one position as well. I have also had the servo saver be very weak so that the servo turns but the wheels do not.
The servo saver on these are hot garbage, I have yet to find a better replacement and there is no adjustment.

Yeah, small rocks or other debris can get stuck in the steering area. If the car turns fine after getting rid of the rock/debris, then you are good. I have the same issue on Kraton 4s from time to time. Often it's a small rock blocking the steering arm.
If you feel the steering is lost, it's better to stop and check the car. Trying to "fix" the steering by turning the wheel on the transmitter can damage the servo. It's best to inspect the car first.

Back