Looking to stiffen the rear end in my Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
What sway bar length would help and what shock springs? Hardest I can find? Have gotten into suspension setting to much. This is the year I learn and get my Felony rear in shape.

Stiffer or handle better? Stiffer, get Perfect Pass springs.

I had a Felony, but flipped it new condition. If I wanted it to handle better for hooning around I would've started with the same recipe I did with my Infraction suspension. Arrma offers hard/med/stiff springs and swaybars, I'd have to look up the part numbers, but they're on the Arrma site.

Springs: (F) 38 lb Hard, (R) 32 lb Med

Swaybars: (F) 2.9mm Stiffest, (R) 2.5mm Softest

Shock Fluid: (F) 3000cst, (R) 2000cst

Rear camber, I'd probably shoot for almost 0 (-0.5°) for a Felony.

I wish I had driven it to experience how it drives differently from an Infraction, but I recently saw a video where they change one of the input gears to even out the F/R wheel speeds better, if you are bent on keeping the big rear tires. Otherwise change the rear to GP5 and run the same diameter tires.

Last edited:
Stiffer or handle better? Stiffer, get Perfect Pass springs.

I had a Felony, but flipped it new condition. If I wanted it to handle better for hooning around I would've started with the same recipe I did with my Infraction suspension. Arrma offers hard/med/stiff springs and swaybars, I'd have to look up the part numbers, but they're on the Arrma site.

Springs: (F) 38 lb Hard, (R) 32 lb Med

Swaybars: (F) 2.9mm Stiffest, (R) 2.5mm Softest

Shock Fluid: (F) 3000cst, (R) 2000cst

Rear camber, I'd probably shoot for almost 0 (-0.5°) for a Felony.

I wish I had driven it to experience how it drives differently from an Infraction, but I recently saw a video where they change one of the input gears to even out the F/R wheel speeds better, if you are bent on keeping the big rear tires. Otherwise change the rear to GP5 and run the same diameter tires.
I haven't played around much with the suspension of my Infraction 6s, but if this suspension set up works for you, I might try it.

For my infraction I did:

rebuilt shocks with the Arrma upgrade machined parts (seal guides, 6hole tapered piston, aluminum caps)
3000cst oil
PP springs
2.9mm sway bars

Very responsive, stable at high speed bashing and handles excellent.

For my infraction I did:

rebuilt shocks with the Arrma upgrade machined parts (seal guides, 6hole tapered piston, aluminum caps)
3000cst oil
PP springs
2.9mm sway bars

Very responsive, stable at high speed bashing and handles excellent.

Nice! I run the same shock set up as well, but I got my springs long before PP springs were a thing. I want to try some, but these springs are working fine as they are.

These on roads come with weird set ups, the springs are way too soft to hold up its own weight. Then they have thicker sway bars in the rear which typically promotes oversteer, probably to counteract the weak non-exb servo saver spring. These rigs are hard to steer stock unless you're powering it in full drift mode.

I haven't played around much with the suspension of my Infraction 6s, but if this suspension set up works for you, I might try it.
Yes Sir...fun times finding the right feel for your Infraction 6S.

Stay consistent with the location you bash to gauge the changes. I like to turn hard on L/R turns, so it dips hard in the front corners, and most of my work was upfront.

Once you find your bash style, targeting will be much easier.

Back