Kraton Latest 6s build madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
I had all the exb cast offs from the super basher build i did for a guy laying around and my mad builder brain was itching to put them to use. I ordered up a v5 slider on ebay for $250 And cannibalized the plastics/diffs/drive shafts to piece together a mostly "stock" kraton exb. With the horizon mess my order with exb front upper rear hinge pin blocks for all builds are in limbo for who knows how long... Ordered 2 more on amazon tonight so maybe i'll get those in quicker. I have a serious issue wanting to stay on plastic hinge pin blocks so i ordered some aluminum ebay specials that are probably weaker 🤣 and slapped them on. The tires came in today so i'll be putting them on soon. I had a v2 hobbystar 4292 1780kv motor to try out so i popped it in this build. I have 2 brand new super rock reys, a super baja rey 2.0, and a dbxle 2.0 i'll rob the spektrum 160a esc's out of for these builds since the losis are all going max5 combos.
Then i was debating on building an "exb" noto/outcast with even more parts i found i had but found out i was short some of the swb center drive shafts BUT i had the parts to make a v5 kraton with the exb towers/shock mounts and i found some hot racing center braces in my hoard er- treasure trove of parts so i put them in. I put this one together with the plastic hinge pin blocks but it bothered me from the moment i did it, and i had an offer from the ebay seller for a little off the chinesium ones so i have another set on the way for this one. It will have a v1 4092 hobbystar 1730kv motor and same spektrum 160a esc in it. I'm sure at some point i'll find a better chassis for it but for now it's rocking the stock v5 one.
Around this time i saw a post for a beat up outcast on the arrma fb page. It's been through some stuff but had the hot racing diff cases and hot racing hinge pin blocks on it. I decided to pull the trigger on it too and dude threw in a whole mess of extra diff parts including the aluminum center diff cups. It arrived today so i hope next time i'm off i can tear it down and see how much damage was done to the parts you can't see. Dude built it on a tlr chassis and that will have to go. I will do a just bash it chassis/towers on this one and m2c center braces/shock mounts and the bladderless shock setup on fireteam shocks. The beefy kraton build had them on it and that thing was plush! Still deciding on power for this one. I want to try the 4585 hobbystar 1800kv motor but saw a friend is selling a poseidon 4985 1800kv motor for about the same price i may try out instead.
All builds have shimmed up diffs with tekjo gaskets on the cups and the diff to case seams. I may end up building another exb swb truck with a spare exb chassis curt is sending with the JBI parts 🤣 I have an lmt/ryft mashup build still amassing parts (this noto i got today will lose it's spektrum 150a esc to that with a 4s kraton motor to be run on 4s). I set the ryft body on top the kraton for a min while i was juggling putting all this stuff somewhere in my tiny apt and i have to say if i can swing a ryft cage with the bottom cut off on the kraton it'll look pretty cool too. The bottom of the cage is too narrow to fit over the chassis but from the door area up is wide enough or close. I like the basherqueen buggy body for the talion but the ryft body looks a lot meaner.

busted outcast.jpg

kratons.jpg

They always look so pretty when they’re new! You definitely have a pile of parts stored up. And don’t forget to put your pants back on before you leave the workshop. Been there.

They always look so pretty when they’re new! You definitely have a pile of parts stored up. And don’t forget to put your pants back on before you leave the workshop. Been there.
Can’t be wearing my “good clothes” while I’m doing diffs 😂

Think I can make this work taking the bottom off

IMG_9454.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back