Kraton 8s exb Aluminum rear diff, snapping the screw heads off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yasaboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Has anyone had issue's snapping the screw heads off in their rear diffs? I upgraded to the Aluminum diff case and have gone through two of them now from the heads snapping off and leaving the thread stuck in the housing. I also was having issues with cracking the oem plastic ones.
(Xlx2, 1100kv, 30/39)
Proline Masher X hp

Thanks

Yea.. there’s a lot of us with this problem. So far there isn’t a bulletproof fix. Hopefully someone like M2C, Vitavon, ect. comes up with a solution sooner than later.

B19F0D8E-A780-4AB0-883C-C9135C5E7822.jpeg

Yea.. there’s a lot of us with this problem. So far there isn’t a bulletproof fix. Hopefully someone like M2C, Vitavon, ect. comes up with a solution sooner than later.

View attachment 207202
Man wouldn't that be nice, I've ordered plenty with M2C. Also wish they would do some hardened diff cups for the 8s line aswell, i would think a rolled smooth edge would be better than the sharp edge on the cup would wear less.Mine start chipping in no time. Ya know, I'm wondering if the screws are just junk or what, there doesn't seem to be very much of a market for these M3.5 either.

Those M3.5’s are the main issue imo. However.. there isn’t enough meat on the cup to squeeze in an M4. Arrma needs to redesign the drivetrain on these 8s rigs. Once you upgrade to a more powerful combo, it overwhelms it. Hence all the broken diff cups, driveshafts and broken screws.. 🤬

I still LOVE my 8s rigs but damn!!

Aint that the damn truth, lol. Shes a beast man, but ive noticed it with even small jumps or running up hill I can hear the slight clicking from pressure at the dog bones. They, or someone needs a bulletproof proof diff for these rigs. 4mm with hardened or even Ti screws would be nice and some good cups. I've only seen the Titanium diff cups that run 4 mm dog bone pins, and 4 out drives, I think was on scorched rc.

Has anyone yet to try the gpm or hr diff cases, are they any better?
I have not but I’ve heard they are the same or worse.. 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone had issue's snapping the screw heads off in their rear diffs? I upgraded to the Aluminum diff case and have gone through two of them now from the heads snapping off and leaving the thread stuck in the housing. I also was having issues with cracking the oem plastic ones.
(Xlx2, 1100kv, 30/39)
Proline Masher X hp

Thanks
Yup. My problem is that they come loose on me. So this time I cleaned them off with industrial strength solvent and used RED LOCTITE! put my whole force to crank them down. It's happened to me in the front and rear diffs.
I have not but I’ve heard they are the same or worse.. 🤷‍♂️
Worse, because the screws are even SMALLER than the Arrma ones. I tried them already 😢

Ouch... Any chance there are stronger 3.5mm screws we can use? If anyone has found better ones post up a link! Would be nice to use them on the 8s center diff as well.

The Vivaton 8s diff cups are "keyed" well to the Main gear, and I imagine there would be less torsional stress to the screws???:unsure:

If metal diff without plastic case, you should try jet lighter or heat gun can make thread lock melt, but if rubber O rings could be melt too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back