Kraton Kraton 6s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fc3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What’s the best fan setup for Kraton 6s box think mine is av3 or v4 not sure how to tell since I bought used and fairly new to the hobby since it went to electric.

What’s the best fan setup for Kraton 6s box think mine is av3 or v4 not sure how to tell since I bought used and fairly new to the hobby since it went to electric.
Welcome!

Did it come with any upgrades already?

Welcome!

I like these fans. DKKY

I was (still am sort of) a computer geek and have built well over 100 computers in my life and had a fan fetish for a while. Air cooling, water cooling...
It's all about the voltage and the particular fans efficiency at a given voltage.

These have worked well so I bought another, but 8V is min (12v max) and my ESC's max is 8v. It will run at 6v but at a low efficiency and 12v/21k rpm is unnecessary!
I like their breaker switch too. Can use with ESC or Lipo. Big Yellow Button are Cool!
DKKY RC Motor Cooling Fan Heatsink 21000 RPM with 47-51mm Adjustable Mount

Fans alone: DKKY RC Motor Cooling Fan Heatsink 2Pcs DIY Kit for 1/10 1/8 1/5 RC

But also I like this mount. Powerhobby Aluminum Motor Mount 30-40MM for Twister Fans (47-49MM)

I like these too.
NHX 1/8 Twin Cyclone Alum HV Cooling Fans w/Cover 28000 RPM Motor Heatsink Black

THIS is a Great Fan! I use it on one of the mmx8's.
I used this brand for Years on the hotrod PC's!
ARCTIC S4028-15K - 40x40x28 mm Server Fan, 1400-15000 RPM
good example of a fan that is efficient at low to high voltage range. Servers will throttle the fan volts depending on load. These respond well to that.

Last edited:
These brackets are great, but the included pot metal screws are terrible and need to be replaced with some quality steel cap head screws IMO. I found some SS CHS screws in an old RC Screwz kit for one of my Traxxas rigs that work great.

PXL_20240604_022013077.jpg

Back