Mojave Just Another Mojave EXB Build Log - Nothing Exciting to See Here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 3s
So far I am really enjoying the experience of my Arrma 3S and 4S rigs. I have had my eye on the 6S Typhon (having a Buggy fetish...) and was/am ever hopeful of an EXB. However, with a V5 recently released, an EXB Typhon is not likely (necessary) in the near future?! So for something different, I bit the bullet and went for the Mojave EXB. I really love the looks! What a difference this rig is compared to the 3S and 4S rigs (great in their own right!)! I love the build quality and driving experience of this 'next level'. Having done the research (many thanks to all those who have kindly already written logs, made recommendations and given feedback!) this is the set up I have gone for:

Electronics
Flysky GT5 Tx and Rx
30KG HV cheap servo
Hobbywing Max6 on an M2C ESC plate
Surpass Rocket 4485 1580kv motor with Arrma 22T pinion
Cheap eBay light bar switched on channel 3
12v server fan on ESC (7.4v BEC) and motor, Alza Racing mounts and covers
Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000Mah 6S 75C Battery Pack

Handling
Upgraded the steering bushings to bearings
Diff oils - 10k rear, 300k centre, 30k front
800cst shock oil all round
Shock springs - 110mm 0.6N/mm rear, 70mm 1.42N/mm front
2.9mm sway bars front and rear
M2C 2mm hex extenders with M3 closed wheel nuts

Aesthetics and Protection
Foam in body posts - one is already broken (my lack of skill!)
Scorched RC Fenders - not the best cut and fit but seem to be doing the job
Drywall tape and adhesive/sealant body shell. Added rubber edging trim the body for added protection - since removed. Cut out air ducts behind the driver to help airflow (regret this a bit...).
Dome headed droop screws
First attempt at braided wire covers.

I am now 6 packs in and loving it! I have registered 52mph on 6s on a grass field with no heat issues so far. I may increase the pinion size a tooth or two...

So where to next?! I am very keen for some shiny PPS bits (Motor Mount, Diff Mount and Cover etc.)!... However, I have already battered the body (some small enthusiastic skate park antics where my ambition far exceeds my talent!) so am actively seeking something different to dress her in. Any known parts and a body shell I can use to make it a Buggy?!

A couple of obligatory photos as evidence....

20201222_005938.jpg

20210206_153615.jpg

20210206_153707.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers!

Yours was one of the logs that tempted me down this path and I learnt a lot from. Thank you for taking the time (and money!) to write it up.
Thanks chap, this made my day :)

Phase 2 is starting soon, I'm ramping her up to 8s and have the same m2c wheel lugs as you to put on!
Oh - and mega recommend that roll cage you can see in my build thread :)

Thanks chap, this made my day :)

Phase 2 is starting soon, I'm ramping her up to 8s and have the same m2c wheel lugs as you to put on!
Oh - and mega recommend that roll cage you can see in my build thread :)

Deserved recognition!

Good to hear, I look forward to reading (and seeing!) how that goes.

Now this is a big regret! I was not sure on the price and looks (although usually a function over form guy!) of the roll cage (especially as I partly 'justified' the expense of the MEXB on looks!) and it's too late now...I'm all for the used and abused look now, 'driven not hidden'!

Deserved recognition!

Good to hear, I look forward to reading (and seeing!) how that goes.

Now this is a big regret! I was not sure on the price and looks (although usually a function over form guy!) of the roll cage (especially as I partly 'justified' the expense of the MEXB on looks!) and it's too late now...I'm all for the used and abused look now, 'driven not hidden'!
Like it :)

Just a small build update.... I pulled the trigger on some shiny bits from Badtouch Breakers (always fantastic service!)....

- M2C Rear Shock Tower Braces: Many thanks to @BashingBrian for the timely post on the mount mod needed to fit these!
- PPS Motor Mount: Such a great piece of engineering!
- PPS Centre Diff Mount: Shiny!
- PPS Centre Diff Cover (with roll bar mounts): More shiny!

I took the opportunity to go up to a 24T pinion and tidy up a bit of the wiring a little. Hopefully I will get a chance later in the week for a shake down run and speed test...

Essential evidence:

20210306_103039.jpg

20210306_002606.jpg

20210306_103159.jpg

20210306_002633.jpg

So what next?! Still looking for an alternative body.... Best I just get out and enjoy this fantastic rig!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back