It's pour time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaleJunkie

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Notorious
Well after spending my whole adult life moving toward this goal, (I'm 37) it's finally happening! I'm getting a garage! 30x30 with 14 ft. sidewalls, will be complete with 2 post lift, tire machine and balancer, hopefully a brake lathe if I can swing it. 2 bays, one remaining flat to do bodywork and paint. They are pouring concrete this morning! Picture time!

First I had 2 large Maple trees to get outta my way, 38 inch and 34 inch bases respectively.
IMG_20240310_112546894_HDR.jpg

Then I used a hydro hammer to bust up the driveway because I wanted to save $ and keep the concrete to build a crawler course. (More on that later)
IMG_20240311_144141000_HDR.jpg

Cleared out some of my woods to have room to build it. I will be redoing my shooting range this year too (seen in background) as it has some age on it.
IMG_20240314_194634918.jpg
IMG_20240314_194701580.jpg

Concrete for building was poured first, 4 inches of gravel base, 6 inches of 4,000 psi with fibermesh in the mix. 12x12 footers with rebar. Ground for the electrical is tied directly to the rebar, making the entire footer the ground.

IMG_20240426_163054407.jpg

They formed it yesterday and today is the day! (please ignore all the mess, there is so much outta place right now and I haven't mowed in a week). I'M SO EXCITED!

IMG_20240501_183627086_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240501_183542513_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240502_100216.jpg
IMG_20240502_100222.jpg

Well after spending my whole adult life moving toward this goal, (I'm 37) it's finally happening! I'm getting a garage! 30x30 with 14 ft. sidewalls, will be complete with 2 post lift, tire machine and balancer, hopefully a brake lathe if I can swing it. 2 bays, one remaining flat to do bodywork and paint. They are pouring concrete this morning! Picture time!

First I had 2 large Maple trees to get outta my way, 38 inch and 34 inch bases respectively.
View attachment 364064

Then I used a hydro hammer to bust up the driveway because I wanted to save $ and keep the concrete to build a crawler course. (More on that later)View attachment 364065

Cleared out some of my woods to have room to build it. I will be redoing my shooting range this year too (seen in background) as it has some age on it.
View attachment 364066View attachment 364067

Concrete for building was poured first, 4 inches of gravel base, 6 inches of 4,000 psi with fibermesh in the mix. 12x12 footers with rebar. Ground for the electrical is tied directly to the rebar, making the entire footer the ground.

View attachment 364069

They formed it yesterday and today is the day! (please ignore all the mess, there is so much outta place right now and I haven't mowed in a week). I'M SO EXCITED!

View attachment 364070View attachment 364071View attachment 364072View attachment 364073

Oh man-CONGRATS!!! As someone that earned a livin’ at service work for 2.5 decades, I am SURE you’re stoked AF! definitely gotta have a strut-tamer in there too! 🍻🤙

Very exciting! So you'll be running a business out of it?
Well it's primarily for my own enjoyment but I will be doing some side work.

Oh man-CONGRATS!!! As someone that earned a livin’ at service work for 2.5 decades, I am SURE you’re stoked AF! definitely gotta have a strut-tamer in there too! 🍻🤙
I have some of the on-car spring compressors, they work great!

Good for you, man! I felt exactly the same way when I finally got mine after decades of wrenching in the dirt under a canopy! Ever bust your knuckles in the middle of February lying on the frozen arctic tundra when it’s 15° outside? Much profanity ensues…😂

Good for you, man! I felt exactly the same way when I finally got mine after decades of wrenching in the dirt under a canopy! Ever bust your knuckles in the middle of February lying on the frozen arctic tundra when it’s 15° outside? Much profanity ensues…😂
Yes, yes I have, lol. Doing this since I was 16 and have almost always done what I need to at the shop I work at, can't do that where I am now so decided it's finally time to spend some $, I hate spending money and have put this off for years.

That is so great. Looks like it's gonna be awesome. Congratulations on the new addition!
Thanks!

Yes, yes I have, lol. Doing this since I was 16 and have almost always done what I need to at the shop I work at, can't do that where I am now so decided it's finally time to spend some $, I hate spending money and have put this off for years.

Thanks!
Enjoy, my man. Your quality of life is improving a LOT! Congratulations, sir!

Enjoy, my man. Your quality of life is improving a LOT! Congratulations, sir!
Thank you! Value of my property just went up too!
Definitely make a cool man cave to hang out in also. Did wifey approve...no way! You must be single. :LOL: j/k
She's actually the one who finally pushed me to do it, she wrenches with me when I do it here at the house. This is when we pulled the drivetrain outta here toy a few months ago, still deciding what direction she wants to go now.

IMG_20231028_152026929.jpg

I noticed many areas they just pour concrete on the dirt. Is that pretty normal where you are?
In Texas everything had a grid of re-bar inside so it wouldn't break

View attachment 364074
Yea it's pretty normal here, but without substrate you can get water permeation though the concrete if the soil isn't right.

Last edited:
Thank you! Value of my property just went up too!

She's actually the one who finally pushed me to do it, she wrenches with me when I do it here at the house. This is when we pulled the drivetrain outta here toy a few months ago, still deciding what direction she wants to go now.

View attachment 364075

Yea it's pretty normal here, but without substrate you can get water permeation is the soil isn't right.
That's awesome she's so supportive! Only way I could my gf under my jeep is if I threw her shoe under there.

That is so great. Looks like it's gonna be awesome. Congratulations on the new addition!

View attachment 364064

Then I used a hydro hammer to bust up the driveway because I wanted to save $ and keep the concrete to build a crawler course. (More on that later)View attachment 364065

View attachment 364066View attachment 364067

View attachment 364069

View attachment 364070View attachment 364071View attachment 364072View attachment 364073

You had me at Shooting range ...

Back