Is this typical for RPM arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrew

Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 3s
I installed all the RPM arms on my car earlier this summer, and they’re all bending in the same spot. I just noticed that the one that broke a couple of weeks ago is exactly where the other three are bent.

The arm on the left is a few months old and the right one was replaced last week. It’s the one that is broken in the bottom picture. The other two look just like the bent one in the photo below.

I’m not doing any jumping, only road and dirt. Any ideas or advice? Should I put the stock ones back on?

599866D0-A130-40DF-815E-A2AA2F96EB3B.jpeg
4A10C6AA-5134-467E-A79F-78B1640E351B.jpeg

Here’s the new one that replaced the broken one:

683B9F46-A50F-4BFE-952E-8E75E4D25211.jpeg

And here are the other three:
74C5B9DE-C20F-4C71-BF1B-CBBF784A77FB.jpeg
BD6B4B96-ACBF-4765-8B9A-946EB1FD7735.jpeg
E73D55E8-A433-4A31-9981-1CE9F130A12D.jpeg

Is there a better option? I thought these were supposed to be good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's not good for the arms to sit on the tires.. 👍.. but either way that's what they do . You can flip them over as said above, or you can boil them.. I typically boil all my arms before install.. but boiling them can straighten them out..

rpm actually recommends this process, and will tell you the warping is common place, which it is...

mine are all badly bent on talion but I jump pretty high and been on there a long time

That's not good for the arms to sit on the tires.. 👍.. but either way that's what they do . You can flip them over as said above, or you can boil them.. I typically boil all my arms before install.. but boiling them can straighten them out..

rpm actually recommends this process, and will tell you the warping is common place, which it is...
Right on. I’ll have to try that then. Thanks!

I looked all over their site, but don’t see anything about boiling the parts.

Last edited:
Yours look fine compared to mine. Mine never sits on the ground and my arms bowed.
As mentioned above just boil them and they will flatten out.
qrlQVay.jpg
QXZzcnB.jpg

As a side note every single Rpm a arm I have broken has broken in that exact same spot. Pretty sure I am on my 4th set of fronts and second set of rears. I'm not impressed with these a arms at all but the stock ones are worse.
20190617_120552.jpg

Last edited:
Yours look fine compared to mine. Mine never sits on the ground and my arms bowed.
As mentioned above just boil them and they will flatten out.
View attachment 158774View attachment 158775

As a side not every single Rpm a arm I have broken has broken in that exact same spot. Pretty sure I am on my 4th set of fronts and second set of rears. I'm not impressed with these a arms at all but the stock ones are worse.
View attachment 158776

For sure I've broken many in that spot..🤦

I made a thread about about it, apparently it was just me and it was my fault. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-4s-models-lets-see-your-broken-a-arms.23481/
Seems like planned obsolescence? I’m sure it wouldn’t be that difficult to reinforce that area. Seems odd that every single breakage is in the exact same spot, unless that’s the ideal place to break. I’m not an engineer though. At least it’s a cheap part though!

Sounds like there’s room in the industry for another A-arm manufacturer with possibly a different compound. Might be an opportunity for someone, as I don’t see any other options outside of aluminum.

I found a post on here last night where a guy experienced in plastics recommended a different type. He said it was more expensive but would be ideal. I’ll have to find that post.

Last edited:
I made a thread about about it, apparently it was just me and it was my fault. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-4s-models-lets-see-your-broken-a-arms.23481/
Definitely not just you buddy... I'm right there with you man..😎.. we should start a club,, how to snap rpm arms like twigs...😂😂
Seems like planned obsolescence? I’m sure it wouldn’t be that difficult to reinforce that area. Seems odd that every single breakage is in the exact same spot, unless that’s the ideal place to break. I’m not an engineer though. At least it’s a cheap part though!

Sounds like there’s room in the industry for another A-arm manufacturer with possibly a different compound. Might be an opportunity for someone, as I don’t see any other options outside of aluminum.

I found a post on here last night where a guy experienced in plastics recommended a different type. He said it was more expensive but would be ideal. I’ll have to find that post.

The main issue with the 3s and 4s rpm arms is the actual diameter.. the 6s arms are insanely hard to break.. if they increased the diameter or even simply put an x pattern in the center (which they won't) they would be stronger...

It's all marketing.. why fix the issue when they can sell more arms..😎... Also the reason shipping to have them warrantied is higher than the arm price.. quicker, cheaper, easier to just purchase another set...

They have us by the kahoons..😱

Last edited:
Definitely not just you buddy... I'm right there with you man..😎.. we should start a club,, how to snap rpm arms like twigs...😂😂

The main issue with the 3s and 4s rpm arms is the actual diameter.. the 6s arms are insanely hard to break.. if they increased the diameter or even simply put an x pattern in the center (which they won't) they would be stronger...

It's all marketing.. why fix the issue when they can sell more arms..😎... Also the reason shipping to have them warrantied is higher than the arm price.. quicker, cheaper, easier to just purchase another set...

They have us by the kahoons..😱
I wonder if any of the 6S arms could be retrofitted to work on the 3S vehicles. How can we find all the dimensions or cad drawings of parts?

Would this 6S Rear Arm fit if we were to remove the red area? Would be cool to find out.
EAFD4041-E7F8-4B15-95D3-A32814E591A0.jpeg

I wonder if any of the 6S arms could be retrofitted to work on the 3S vehicles. How can we find all the dimensions or cad drawings of parts?

Would this 6S Rear Arm fit if we were to remove the red area? Would be cool to find out.
View attachment 158901
I think the fronts from the 6s Typhon can be modded to fit the 3s Typhon. That's what guys where doing when no one had a arms for 4 months after the car came out.............

I think the fronts from the 6s Typhon can be modded to fit the 3s Typhon. That's what guys where doing when no one had a arms for 4 months after the car came out.............

Exactly.. but it's hackery at its finest.. but you sir are correct.. I've seen it done..but I believe the rears were the ones used.. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back