Gorgon Is the Arrma Gorgon really that good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCbuzz

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Senton 3s
Besides everyone complaining about the bodies being destroyed after the first run are these trucks really as durable as they say?

As far as I can tell they seem pretty tough, TA MT10 tough? I see they have a 1/10th Mega Style slipper in there, that worries me a little.

A little bed liner spray on the inside of the body and a modest 2S/3S system and you are out having some serious fun?

I have repaired the old Granite Voltage Model several times for people and they still break under brushed power......

Last edited:
I prefer my granite over my MT10 for around the house bashing. I have a steel gear slipper and zero issues for the last 30 days of nearly daily fun. Drives completely different from my MT10 due to the truggy chassis layout and lower cg. Well worth the money by my standards.

Mine has a thick coat of flex seal from the previous owner and the body is holding up really well to asphalt spills.

I have had a lot of fun with my brushless Gorgon. Very durable. Broke the servo & replaced it w aftermarket one & a aluminum servo saver. That's it. And the body is thin & weak. I reconfigured mine into a truck with Infraction 3s rollbars & vinyl wrapped it for strength. Other than that no complaints. It's 2wd takes getting use to after bashing 4wd only stuff. Pics of mine are in Random Media.

I am a big fan of the Granite 4x4 as well. (y)

Also a fan of 2WD :cool:
Then you'd enjoy the heck out of it. It's a ripper & wheelies well. I put 30k in the diff & 3500kv motor, stock slipper & pinion. It'll slide around in the dirt, really fun.

The gorgon is hilarious fun!! I beat the brakes off that thing on 3s and it just goes man. Of course you aren't driving a $500+ truck but the thing is amazingly fun for what you are paying. I wanted one and ended up being given one by a friend and it's a blast. Needs to be 2s or 3s, although 3s is rather silly though. 2s was controllable and very fast

Its pretty tough by my book. I have a Kraton 6s and Notorious 6s, although they are in different leagues, I feel the Gorgon is harder to break since it does not do half the things a 6s 4wd can do. I have a 3s 3800Kv system in my gorgon. Its fast.

The Gorgon is very light. It will sail! I've beat mine up pretty good too.

It’s pretty durable, mainly because it’s really light and doesn’t go that fast.
Basically anything that goes less than 20 mph is going to be fairly durable from what I have experienced. I find that vehicles that go that slow are really good for beginners.

Gorgon is just a smile generator no matter who is driving it. It's fun to see what it will do with a stock brushed motor. You will not be disappointed if you enjoy wheelies and 2wd drifting. I would say it drives like a vintage rc, sways, bounces yet still handles like a good stadium truck. Money extremely well spent if you get the cheap one minus the nimh.

Im a notoriously bad driver when it come sto bodies. I already tore the body up before i realized you can reinforce them lol. I modded it to work with it beat up though.
Myself and my 5 kids beat the piss out of it all the time, skate parks, big air, yards, grass, dirt whatever it just keeps going. The only mod i have on it is a rocket fan for the motor. Im still brushed and i had one motor die on me, don't know whether i needed to break it in or it was because i was running a 2s lipo but either way it was warranteed with no problems and I drive it pretty often.
So in a word, yes its that fun and that tough.

Yes. I used these. Works w/ most 12mm hex type wheels.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1149173956...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

If you want to run 17mm hexes I've bought these for my Infraction 3s.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1255529985...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS
The tractor tires I have on it works with the 12mm hexes & the flanged nuts in the kit or the Arrma ones just fine, but I added the center wheel nuts out of the 17mm kit that secures the 17mm hexes to the axle with the tractor tires center. They are meant for a Losi axle. Works perfectly. Pic of the center nuts below.

Screenshot_20240501_184155_eBay.jpg

The best pic I have. Can zoom in.

20240426_151252.jpg

20240426_151302.jpg

Last edited:
That is one crazy machine! Alright, I grabbed one for beginner bashing purposes 😀

Back