Granite Is something wrong here. Granite not what I expected.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clan-of-Nowina

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
Soooo, bought a used Granite. Good over all condition., except… motor dead. So I installed a brushless 3300kv with an 85 amp Ecs. I don’t seem to have the raw power I, and others, thought should be there. Seems the Granite is from somewhere around 2014. Doesn’t look to be any upgrades so basically stock. Running the above mentioned motor combo with what ever came with it. So am I wrong in thinking I should be tearing this thing apart with this combo? I will try to post a video as soon as I can.
IMG_0029.jpeg

Soooo, bought a used Granite. Good over all condition., except… motor dead. So I installed a brushless 3300kv with an 85 amp Ecs. I don’t seem to have the raw power I, and others, thought should be there. Seems the Granite is from somewhere around 2014. Doesn’t look to be any upgrades so basically stock. Running the above mentioned motor combo with what ever came with it. So am I wrong in thinking I should be tearing this thing apart with this combo? I will try to post a video as soon as I can.View attachment 357882

Stock motor was 3800kv if I am not mistaken, given the same gearing it will be a bit slower than stock I want say something like 20mph on 2s even slower with nimh.

I'll go double check and see if that is correct.

-edit-
The motor for the BLX was 3800kv.
is this the Mega or the BLX? Because they were both had different gearing 48p for the Mega and 32p for the BLX and they had different transmissions as well.

That being said on stock gearing a 3300kv motor would likely be about the same speed as the stock brushed motor maybe still a bit slower but probably right around 20 mph.

Last edited:
Stock motor was 3800kv if I am not mistaken, given the same gearing it will be a bit slower than stock I want say something like 20mph on 2s even slower with nimh.

It had a burned out Mega 550 motor in it. So would be interesting to know for sure. Either way, it’s much more controllable than my Senton. But wouldn’t mind getting a bit more out of it for some more air time.

The stock motor in the 3S BLX Granite is 3200KV. The stock ESC is the blx100.

On 2S it's not going to be that exciting.

The stock motor in the 3S BLX Granite is 3200KV. The stock ESC is the blx100.

On 2S it's not going to be that exciting.

It'll be safe for the kiddos to rip though. 😉

It'll be safe for the kiddos to rip though. 😉
This is an old discontinued Granite. It is not the latest BLX version. My Senton is. This is the old rail style chassis. Battery wasn’t even LIPo compatible. Was a deans connector. I bought it with a blown 550 Mega motor running on NiMh batteries. I had the 3300kv brushless for another project. But it was needed here. But have to check the gearing anyways. Have to install the metal plate in the gearbox.

-edit-
The motor for the BLX was 3800kv.
is this the Mega or the BLX? Because they were both had different gearing 48p for the Mega and 32p for the BLX and they had different transmissions as well.

That being said on stock gearing a 3300kv motor would likely be about the same speed as the stock brushed motor maybe still a bit slower but probably right around 20 mph.
This is the 2wd Mega I assume. Motor was marked 550 Mega. The manual shows the 48p as the upgrade for it. So probably doesn’t even have that.

Last edited:
This is an old discontinued Granite. It is not the latest BLX version. My Senton is. This is the old rail style chassis. Battery wasn’t even LIPo compatible. Was a deans connector. I bought it with a blown 550 Mega motor running on NiMh batteries. I had the 3300kv brushless for another project. But it was needed here. But have to check the gearing anyways. Have to install the metal plate in the gearbox.

This is the 2wd Mega I assume. Motor was marked 550 Mega. The manual shows the 48p as the upgrade for it. So probably doesn’t even have that.
48p is standard the ones in the manual that say option are just the optional pinions they made.

Idk if this is right but this is what the speed calculator says if it is indeed a stock Mega.

Screenshot_20240331_091424_Chrome.jpg

Idk if this is right but this is what the speed calculator says if it is indeed a stock Mega.

View attachment 357939
Thank you. I will give it a try, it looks like that may be close to what I am getting now. It’s quick, but not fast. Going to look into the gearing that’s on there. If there is an 18p I may go to 20p. New to this so not sure if this is the correct number, but it’s the gear on the motor. Just having fun with it right now.

So a jump to 18T or 20T would by going in the right direction. Would anything else that would need to go with a jump like that?

So a jump to 18T or 20T would by going in the right direction. Would anything else that would need to go with a jump like that?

Given they fit yes that is the right direction. Just keep an eye on temps.

18T pinion

1711915071172.png

20T pinion

1711915113658.png

Thank you. It know the 20T is still available from Arrma. So guess that will happen.

I would personally go with a 20T Robinson Racing hardened steel pinion. You don't have to get Arrma pinions any 48p pinion will work.

Back