Is my ESC Killing my Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those 80c packs are solid basher batteries. Cheap, but as long as you take care of them, don't overcharge, keep storage charge, etc. they hold up great. If you get the soft packs, throw a layer of gorilla tape on it and check for rocks in the tray before you strap them in and you are good to go!

Lol, me too. Basic cause/effect thinking gets you ASE certs. No specialized training needed. Been rebuilding cars (and airplanes) since I was 11).
Do tell you must CERTIFY every couple YEARS what's the YEARS if you don't you not UP TO DATE your CERTIFICATION is no LONGER up to date right? Are you up to date DM your numbers and I DM you mine I post yours you post mine

Do tell you must CERTIFY every couple YEARS what's the YEARS if you don't you not UP TO DATE your CERTIFICATION is no LONGER up to date right?
Never kept it up to date. When I realized it was a useless cert I let it lapse.

Never kept it up to date. When I realized it was a useless cert I let it lapse.
So you talking from OLD KNOWLEDGE you are NOT up to date.....(Auto tech) we got a name for EX ASE) SHADE TREE MECHANIC 🌳🤣😎.......WHY you fix cars under a tree NO longer in a DEALER shop..... LMAO

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm curious as to how a 5Ah battery can reasonably supply a usable 950A. 5Ah/950A=19 seconds to dead flat, 0V cells. 5Ah/500A=36 seconds to dead flat. 5Ah/100A=3min to dead flat.

I'm curious as to how a 5Ah battery can supply 950A. 5Ah/950A=19 seconds to dead flat, 0V cells. 5Ah/500A=36 seconds to dead flat. 5Ah/100A=3min to dead flat.
Because we are using math where apparently the laws of physics don't exist. 🤷‍♂️

Because we are using math where apparently the laws of physics don't exist. 🤷‍♂️
Aha! Now that I know that, I might as well put a 12S, 10Ah battery I'm my Limitless using a tamiya connector to boost it to 300mph.

What have I started - not bad for my 1st post! Just ordered 2x3s 5200mah 80c Zeee's - I'm sure they'll be fine but I'm expecting someone to disagree 🤪
I wouldn’t take the blame for this troll 🤣🤣✌🏻

What have I started - not bad for my 1st post! Just ordered 2x3s 5200mah 80c Zeee's - I'm sure they'll be fine but I'm expecting someone to disagree 🤪
Not bad for a first post at all! You've gotten to know several of us regulars from just a single thread!

They are a good battery……… not a bad price too.
Not sure what oldmates freaking out about. Your cars wired in series not parallel. Voltage will change, current will stay the same. The ESC is not drawing no where near those numbers.

6CAEF7B6-C796-4C71-96E1-66C3C15A8D2F.jpeg

They are a good battery……… not a bad price too.
Not sure what oldmates freaking out about. Your cars wired in series not parallel. Voltage will change, current will stay the same. The ESC is not drawing no where near those numbers.

View attachment 156348
Yeh heard a lot of good things about them - hopefully they'll do me ok. Good enough for heavymetalrc - good enough for me!🤘

Just to add….. This lad is spitting out all these numbers and harping on about a fire without even knowing the setup of your rig. The motor and gearing is going to determine what the ESC pulls from the batteries.
There’s going to be a big difference in current draw when running 12/50 compared to 34/34.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back