I was wondering if theres a reason

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis27

Reaction score
Noob here. I was checking specification on vortext 4x4 3s and typhon 3s and notice the vorter weight 6.49 and uses 57t spur and 18t pinion and the typhon weights 5.68 and uses 57t and 15t my question is can i use 18t on the typon and still be safe because with the 15t it get fairly hot im worry would overheat the motor?

Welcome to the AF. :)

Bill Hader Hello GIF

Ditch the heat sink and get a power hobbies fan mount and any 30x30 aluminum high speed fan. That'll let you gear up a little and stay cool.. stock heat sink hurts more then it helps. Stock fan blows... but not air.. 😂

If you don't have an infrared thermometer, I recommend getting one so you can keep a good eye on actual temps as you make changes.

BTW, welcome to the forum, glad to have you.

Edited because I had a moment and put the wrong fan size. 30x30 would be correct for that mount.

Last edited:
Ditch the heat sink and get a power hobbies fan mount and any 30x30 aluminum high speed fan. That'll let you gear up a little and stay cool.. stock heat sink hurts more then it helps. Stock fan blows... but not air.. 😂

If you don't have an infrared thermometer, I recommend getting one so you can keep a good eye on actual temps as you make changes.

BTW, welcome to the forum, glad to have you.

Edited because I had a moment and put the wrong fan size. 30x30 would be correct for that mount.
This!. My Detta w/ 25T pinion gets smoking hot if I bash with it instead of speed run, so I just ordered a new bracket and fan to replace the stock unit to try and keep it cooler.

Back