Outcast I’m new here, new to arrma, I acquired an outcast v1 and need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dah6979

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got it from someone and it had the original esc and motor (blx120, blx motor) sock cv axles were replaced with hot racing steels ones( n the process the output shafts had to be replaced in order to run the HR ones. When I got it one axle was broke, patched it up and then broke another… can figure it out… I wanted to replace them but don’t wanna drop $70 only to have them break again.. wondering about if any v2 parts for the v1 or what the process would be. Also what has anyone else done besides buying the newer version of the outcast any help would be awesome…
Thanks in advance

I got it from someone and it had the original esc and motor (blx120, blx motor) sock cv axles were replaced with hot racing steels ones( n the process the output shafts had to be replaced in order to run the HR ones.

Welcome to the Club!

When I got it one axle was broke, patched it up and then broke another… can figure it out… I wanted to replace them but don’t wanna drop $70 only to have them break again.. wondering about if any v2 parts for the v1 or what the process would be. Also what has anyone else done besides buying the newer version of the outcast any help would be awesome…
Thanks in advance

Let's see some photos of said damaged axles so we can better help you..

Welcome aboard, man! I’ve heard bad things about Hot Racing CVD’s. I’ve never tried them, but my choice would be to go back to the stockers. It might be a good opportunity (since you would need to change the outdrives back) to rebuild and shim the diffs.
I’m not sure about swapping from later versions, but I also need to find out. I have a NOTO in need of some TLC.

Welcome to the Club!

Let's see some photos of said damaged axles so we can better help you..
Axles
Installed
And the output shafts

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

IMG_8668.jpeg

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! You have a 4s Outcast? I'm not familiar with the 4s platform but I believe these are an upgrade. Check into it. Arrma parts. The HR can be questionable.

View attachment 358721
So I have seen those but I believe they are for the never version, I may be wrong.. I only say that cause to my understanding the newer version or the outcast 4s is wider.

So I have seen those but I believe they are for the never version, I may be wrong.. I only say that cause to my understanding the newer version or the outcast 4s is wider.

That's correct.
The Newer v2.5 Outcast uses Longer (wider) arms.

Welcome to everything Arrma and then some! These guys are building 3D printed trailers for an RC to tow an RC. You sir have arrived!

That is also for the V1 look at the bottom of the Arrma website under that part number. The Kraton with the Minakwas and the the Outcast with the gold body are V1.

1712201587062.png

Thanks I just orders new new doffs and will order the new axles this coming Friday and see how it does, I may also get a new slipper or maybe a center diff to maybe ensure the transfer of power as needed

Back