HRB 6S 4500 100 C LIPOS RUN HOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma 43

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
GOT 6 HRB 6S 4500 100C LIPOS THEY ALL COME WITH 9-11 MILLIHOMS PER CELL AND START TO RUN WARM AT 1/4 DISCHARGE ON 30 AMP CYCLE MAGINE WHAT THEY WILL DO AT 80 AMP OR HIGHER! BY THE TIME THE 30 AMP CYCLE DONE THERE HOT! I TOLD HRB ON AMAZON , don't ANSWER. TELL THEM ON ALI EXPRESS, THEY WANT PICS, CANT SHOW HEAT THOUGH... FOR 100C THEY SHOULD RUN ALOT COOLER THAN THAT! LIPERIOR USES Anode and Cathode thin film coating technology, which lowers the internal temperature of the battery cells and improves battery performance, life cycle, and safety! THATS WHAT HRB NEEDS TO DO!

GOT 6 HRB 6S 4500 100C LIPOS THEY ALL COME WITH 9-11 MILLIHOMS PER CELL AND START TO RUN WARM AT 1/4 DISCHARGE ON 30 AMP CYCLE MAGINE WHAT THEY WILL DO AT 80 AMP OR HIGHER! BY THE TIME THE 30 AMP CYCLE DONE THERE HOT! I TOLD HRB ON AMAZON , don't ANSWER. TELL THEM ON ALI EXPRESS, THEY WANT PICS, CANT SHOW HEAT THOUGH... FOR 100C THEY SHOULD RUN ALOT COOLER THAN THAT! LIPERIOR USES Anode and Cathode thin film coating technology, which lowers the internal temperature of the battery cells and improves battery performance, life cycle, and safety! THATS WHAT HRB NEEDS TO DO!
Take a video of temps, upload to youtube etc and share the link with them.

10 mOhms per cell, I'd be definitely wanting a return as well.

But seriously, lay off the caps man! 😂

How hot is hot? Buy a temp gun.

HRB are in the usual 15-20C range and at 4500 that is 90A max. Now, I bet they are barely 3800mAh in reality.
They are cheap for a reason. Cheap = buy double or triple.

some have had low temps and full capacity but these 4500 are hot! have had 3s 3600 run cooler!

what do you suggest to buy in this 6s 4500 size then liperior?? they are heavier.

What do you expect from cheap batteries? Yall need to understand there is a reason those batteries are cheap in the first place.
not that cheap in price for canada buyers!

just gave hrb the pics of these for resistence they say in normal range are they nuts! when they other 4000 comes with 3-4 millhoms!

Odd, Ive had no issues from the HRB 6500 packs in my K8S. which has destroyed TWO CNHL 9500 packs.

don't know about your 6500 ones but all the 6s 4500 have high resistance 10 mh per cell terrible and run hot on 30 amp cycle??

don't know about your 6500 ones but all the 6s 4500 have high resistance 10 mh per cell terrible and run hot on 30 amp cycle??
How heavy is the rig theyre in? 4500 is kinda low on the capacity side for a fully loaded 6s truck. Might be able to get away with it in a typhon but not a kraton or fireteam.

I put these in planes. still run hot.

What do you expect from cheap batteries? Yall need to understand there is a reason those batteries are cheap in the first place.
there not that cheap have had real good ones!

Keep in mind that C-Ratings are 100% BS. There several ... too many, threads on this. The MFG can call it 1 Million C and there is no way to disprove. It might be 1M C at -150°C for a period of 1ms, once (just once). So they can test them and rate them however they want.

Also other HRB batteries spec 50C Discharge and 100C Burst. Which, again doesn't mean anything. If your ESC pulls X amps normally. It will probably like 5-6X burst. The ratio of 2:1 is unlikely.

You need to be more specific with what you mean by hot. Are they 100°F or 150°F, is it consistent, what the temp outside? If you need to you can pick up an infrared thermometer on Amazon for like $15. I find it very useful for all kinds random of things. If they aren't too hot you might be able to use a human thermometer too.

If you run other similar batteries under the same condition, what happens?

You're dealing with batteries sold on Ali Express, which puts the quality in question to start with.

not To ruB IT IN BUT WHEn You typE in AlL cApS iT LOokS like YoU're AnGRy and IT's HaRD To REaD. wE KnOW thIs is NOt THE CASe But it wilL SeT A tone aNd PeOPle May bE less WILlinG to HELP yoU. JuST lIke WHEN yOU TYpE LIKe tHis PeoPlE tHINK You'rE PsYchoTic. And pEOPlE WILl GiVe yOU haRd TImE toO. 😁

Keep in mind that C-Ratings are 100% BS. There several ... too many, threads on this. The MFG can call it 1 Million C and there is no way to disprove. It might be 1M C at -150°C for a period of 1ms, once (just once). So they can test them and rate them however they want.

Also other HRB batteries spec 50C Discharge and 100C Burst. Which, again doesn't mean anything. If your ESC pulls X amps normally. It will probably like 5-6X burst. The ratio of 2:1 is unlikely.

You need to be more specific with what you mean by hot. Are they 100°F or 150°F, is it consistent, what the temp outside? If you need to you can pick up an infrared thermometer on Amazon for like $15. I find it very useful for all kinds random of things. If they aren't too hot you might be able to use a human thermometer too.

If you run other similar batteries under the same condition, what happens?

You're dealing with batteries sold on Ali Express, which puts the quality in question to start with.

not To ruB IT IN BUT WHEn You typE in AlL cApS iT LOokS like YoU're AnGRy and IT's HaRD To REaD. wE KnOW thIs is NOt THE CASe But it wilL SeT A tone aNd PeOPle May bE less WILlinG to HELP yoU. JuST lIke WHEN yOU TYpE LIKe tHis PeoPlE tHINK You'rE PsYchoTic. And pEOPlE WILl GiVe yOU haRd TImE toO. 😁
forgot the caps was on. if thats all it takes on here not to help, thats not to good. buy all my packs from amazon, the 6s 4500 from hrb run hot compared to there 6s 4000 which run cooler, why???

forgot the caps was on. if thats all it takes on here not to help, thats not to good. buy all my packs from amazon, the 6s 4500 from hrb run hot compared to there 6s 4000 which run cooler, why???

No worries on the caps, it happens. We are just having some fun.

Amazon has better customer service for sure. If they are really bad complain to Amazon and they will probably issue a refund. But you need to a number for what you mean by hot - 100° or 150°C?

The label on the outside means very little, but I doubt HRB makes the packs themselves. They probably spec it and send it out to battery assembler for bids, then put their label on it. The assembler buys the LiPo cells from a handful of companies that actually manufacture the cells (see below). The assembler and manufacture can be the same, but you have no way of knowing unless you break open the pack and look at the markings. Which I would not do.

It's all about quality control. Depending on who writes the spec and who checks the spec, it's a crap shoot as to which cells and assembly you actually get. They could send it out to 5 suppliers. So you can get one pack that's has Panasonic cells and another from BYD. Then there is always interpretation to the spec. More/tighter spec = less leeway and more money. The higher end brands use the same manufactures as everyone else; however, they should have tighter specs and they should enforce their standards. HRB might be great, I dunno?

1716061224962.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics... New entrants from China increase competition

hi thanks for replying. its frustrating sometimes when a company will have low resitence of some of there packs then I see these 6s 4500, and they 10mh per cell, not to good??? or you get a cell drop at the end and your at the mercy of one cell for your run time.

hi thanks for replying. its frustrating sometimes when a company will have low resitence of some of there packs then I see these 6s 4500, and they 10mh per cell, not to good??? or you get a cell drop at the end and your at the mercy of one cell for your run time.

I've run SMC, Protek, CNHL, EcoPower and Ovonic. The SMC and CNHL are used for speed runs (high current ~500A). All are pretty good with a few exceptions. I had one Protek bad out of the box and they replaced quickly. Also I had a CNHL take a dump. They replaced it even after the warranty was up. Stuff happens but great service from both.

Back