How many of you use social media for R/C discussion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer forums where there's some accountability vs FB where people say anything as it quickly disappears.

I feel like I lose a few brain cells everytime I look at FB so there's that. My time is literally measured in minutes a month like single digit minutes.
Agreed. A forum like this gives you more of a chance to feel it out get to know what others have actually tried or is doing and in turn help a whole lot more.

I prefer forums where there's some accountability vs FB where people say anything as it quickly disappears.

I feel like I lose a few brain cells everytime I look at FB so there's that. My time is literally measured in minutes a month like single digit minutes.
What do u mean as far as your time!?

Just wondering how active the groups and pages or whatever they're called now are. Most R/C forums (this one seemingly being an exception) have died off in popularity and I'm told much of the activity has moved to things like FB groups. I don't have social media accounts and won't make them for ideological reasons so I can't verify this myself. Trying to get a read on whether the R/C online community has contracted since I was last involved in it about 10 years ago when many forums were active, or if it has simply changed form and moved on to other platforms.
There was a time when forums was the premier "social media" site. I think forums in general saw a decline in activity when other social media platforms came about as people left to check out those other platforms. I think after several years on many of these platforms, people are starting to wake up to what a cesspool most of those platforms are and are leaving in droves.

In turn I don't think forums are "back" or at least as they where many years ago and they probably won't be, but that's for a number of reasons. That said, they certainly are not dead by no means and I can say at least on nearly every one of my sites they are picking up more and more steam each month.

There was a time when forums was the premier "social media" site. I think forums in general saw a decline in activity when other social media platforms came about as people left to check out those other platforms. I think after several years on many of these platforms, people are starting to wake up to what a cesspool most of those platforms are and are leaving in droves.

In turn I don't think forums are "back" or at least as they where many years ago and they probably won't be, but that's for a number of reasons. That said, they certainly are not dead by no means and I can say at least on nearly every one of my sites they are picking up more and more steam each month.
People these days love "quick fun" (hence the popularity of short tick tocks). I do not like short vids, as I love to go in depth. I do not like short SM posts, so I go to this forum.

People these days love "quick fun" (hence the popularity of short tick tocks). I do not like short vids, as I love to go in depth. I do not like short SM posts, so I go to this forum.
I freaking hate TikTok first because everyone at work acts like a zombie watching this Shite, the other reason? yup China

Lonely Where Are You GIF by Travis

Seems like we all have the same attitude towards the predominant form of social media. Only leaves the cream of the crop remaining in forums like this one!

The vision:
People have a mini computer in their hands, they can now access libraries, books and educate themselves, and we all get smarter and have great conversation advancing the civilization.

Reality:
200.gif
That would be dope!! For the informative and wisdom purposes!! But then would we bombarded with lies and betrayal as well!? What a nutshell😳

The advice I gave to my teenage nephew when he asked me for advice about girls, I told him NOT to text this girl he was thinking about...go TALK to her.
While the other boys are texting her, You'll be the only one who she's actually hearing.

Social media should be changed to "anti" social media. The next gen don't know how to communicate!

The vision:
People have a mini computer in their hands, they can now access libraries, books and educate themselves, and we all get smarter and have great conversation advancing the civilization.

Reality:
200.gif
hahaha +1
I even lost some social skills since that phone....hell I became a Hermit besides work, can't date these days anymore cuz weird zombified women a plenty every freaking where. o_O

I freaking hate TikTok first because everyone at work acts like a zombie watching this Shite, the other reason? yup China
Yea you say that, but they dumbing us down.. in China they don't even see the dumb and stupid @ss videos we see.. they would never be allowed.. they only show informative and educational sh!t.. totally different bro!! Fr🤯

AAAANNND we are Hijacking again :LOL: WildOwl and others Shite is going off everywhere
Yea you say that, but they dumbing us down.. in China they don't even see the dumb and stupid @ss videos we see.. they would never be allowed.. they only show informative and educational sh!t.. totally different bro!! Fr1🤯
💯 agreed, the outlook isn't too rosy, Evolution? we should go back because we F@cked up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back