Senton How do you rate your senton personally?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senton is underrated, it was one of my favorite trucks. Handles great, if you do the rear arm mod, and then set it up good. I recived the first one, and had so many sessions in it and only on 6s ofc. Got a V3, same there, a tank, but to bad it comes without sways, easy fix. In the SCT djungle its the one to have

Senton is underrated, it was one of my favorite trucks. Handles great, if you do the rear arm mod, and then set it up good. I recived the first one, and had so many sessions in it and only on 6s ofc. Got a V3, same there, a tank, but to bad it comes without sways, easy fix. In the SCT djungle its the one to have
Can you elaborate on "rear arm mod", and the bit about "it comes without sways but easy to fix"? Thanks in advance, and tutorials you could link to?

Can you elaborate on "rear arm mod", and the bit about "it comes without sways but easy to fix"? Thanks in advance, and tutorials you could link to?

Ofc, here is my How To gain more outtravel

Sways as in Swaybars, need to buy them if you own a V3 Senton. I do not have any how to on it, but, check V2 and all part numbers and order ?

Hey Thomas. I got some sway bars, but the Senton 3s BLX doesn't seem to have the same place to put them as others. Any further advice? They cost me £9 so not too upset to be honest ??

Hey Thomas. I got some sway bars, but the Senton 3s BLX doesn't seem to have the same place to put them as others. Any further advice? They cost me £9 so not too upset to be honest ??
The 3S series doesn’t have sway bars. The 6S does. Is there a reason you need them? What are you hoping the sway bars will do for you?

As someone whose been in the hobby for multiple decades, and participated in the pioneering of SCT class racing, I’ve become very fond of that genre of vehicle. My senton gets an 11/10 just because it is the most durable SCT on the market, that includes out of the box durability. Arrmas MT fleet has some competition and some are arguably stronger out of the box, but the senton? Nothing comes remotely close to the raw power and indestructibility. I had a slash 4x4 for 8 years, and I sold it after I got my senton. That’s how good it was. I sold a truck I had for 8 years!

The 3S series doesn’t have sway bars. The 6S does. Is there a reason you need them? What are you hoping the sway bars will do for you?
Hi Jon. My thinking was that, on tarmac, tight cornering at speed, the relevant front tyre lifts up ( if I corner left, right tyre lifts up and vice versa). I thought sway bars would make the car handle better at speed - the car seems almost too fast for itself - with me recognising I'm not the most skilled or experienced driver. I had seen some other discussion about the Senton, and upgrades to do, and one was the sway bars. They were cheap, so I went for it. Without researching first, clearly...

I cheated. Everything under the shell is Tekno. ?

20190329_151030.jpg

The Senton gets overlooked quite often, but the Senton can be setup to be a speed demon. I realize most people here are into general use (bashing) or SCT racing.

For me the wheel base and width allows for 1/8 GT bodies. The reduced width allows for better aerodynamics. I always seem to stick with the 6s line of vehicles, but the 3s seems to be great also based on what I am reading here. I may have to get one for my son when he is ready to graduate from his 2wd Slash.

The Senton gets overlooked quite often, but the Senton can be setup to be a speed demon. I realize most people here are into general use (bashing) or SCT racing.

For me the wheel base and width allows for 1/8 GT bodies. The reduced width allows for better aerodynamics. I always seem to stick with the 6s line of vehicles, but the 3s seems to be great also based on what I am reading here. I may have to get one for my son when he is ready to graduate from his 2wd Slash.
I've not driven the 6s, so not sure how they compare, but me and my son took our 3s down to the forest yesterday, and had a blast!
I cheated. Everything under the shell is Tekno. ?

View attachment 52764
Love that photo ??

Hi Jon. My thinking was that, on tarmac, tight cornering at speed, the relevant front tyre lifts up ( if I corner left, right tyre lifts up and vice versa). I thought sway bars would make the car handle better at speed - the car seems almost too fast for itself - with me recognising I'm not the most skilled or experienced driver. I had seen some other discussion about the Senton, and upgrades to do, and one was the sway bars. They were cheap, so I went for it. Without researching first, clearly...
Sounds like the application for sway bars. I would say that the 6S would run laps around the 3S in this environment. ??

Y
And my wife would run laps round me if I said I needed to sell the 3s and try to buy a 6s! I have a 3d printer, I may try to print a 6s out. Sure nothing could go wrong.
If you have a 7075 aluminum 3D printer you could be printing money!!!!

Y
And my wife would run laps round me if I said I needed to sell the 3s and try to buy a 6s! I have a 3d printer, I may try to print a 6s out. Sure nothing could go wrong.
Start obtaining parts from the breakers on eBay slowly. $30-40 per transaction, she will never know! :ROFLMAO:

nope those are turnbuckles and steering links. Those do adjust camber and toe, but they aren't called sway bars.

Here is a link to a discussion here about sway bars on a Senton 6S
Thanks for the link as always @jondilly1974 But in your opinion & anyone else’s do you think for my rig it’s worth the investment? Thus far I’ve gotten but yet to put on
-HR bell crank & steering servo saver
-HR adjustable motor mount
-15T pinion gear
-DSM rubber sealed bearings
-Arrma Typhoon 6s shocks front & rear
-Granite dBoots Fortress tires

What version of Senton did you buy? If you don’t have the adjustable links I would say it is pretty essential. They aren’t expensive.

Jennys is out of them today, but you should keep checking daily for them.

086E2B1F-6ABD-4DAC-8D1B-B33DB89DC44C.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back