Hobby wing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chowmein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
My Max 5 just took a poop gen 1. I have the Gen 1 Max 6. Will that run an 800 KV motor on 8s? I know it'll work but I just want to know the pros and cons of running it prolong until I can replace it the max 5 that is. Please let me know. Thank you

My Max 5 just took a poop gen 1. I have the Gen 1 Max 6. Will that run an 800 KV motor on 8s? I know it'll work but I just want to know the pros and cons of running it prolong until I can replace it the max 5 that is. Please let me know. Thank you
Yes you could, but if it’s in a heavy rig like a 1/5 Kraton 8s or DBXL-E you’ll really need to keep an eye on your temps as it will get hotter under load than the Max 5.

Too much motor for that ESC. It will probably not last long. What happened to your Max 5? I've had a Max 5 in one of my big rigs for like 4 plus years. I've abused the crap out of it. It even survived a battery going up in smoke. But I have QS8 connectors, I always check for right connections on the bullets and connectors before every run. Get another Max 5. Gen 1 if you can find it

The weaker Firma 160A comes in a lot of heavy 1/5 scale RTRs running 8S.

All about gearing and timing/punch/lipo variables. The 800kV motor will have a lot of instant draw from slow speed trigger pulls, adjust accordingly and it'll be fine.

Hell, my 4990G2 combo calculates to over 15,000 watts on long 150mph infraction pulls. That 800kv motor is rated for less than 6000, keeping just under 200 amp draw on 30V.

Last edited:
You left too much out, what vehicle? EXB 8s? What gearing and how do you bash it ie grass, concrete, gravel dirt.
My limitless has the 4990 G2 and a Max 5 HV G2. I had no idea that it was capable of 15,000 watts.
Like Dan b said keep an eye on the temperature.

Back