Hey, kinda an off topic question but would you rather have 1080p HDR or 4K for Fortnite. Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4k but only if the monitor is 144hz or higher and you can actually run the game at max refresh of the monitor. Imho 1080p or 2k at 144fps constant will look "better" than 4k at 60fps, but that is just me.

most gamers would pick the higher frame rate but if both are 60 fps the 4k is a no brainer over hdr.

I prefer this as well. Plus factor in the exceptional hardware you will need to run 4k at a respectable FPS.

I have a RTX2080, and a Core i7 9700k I cannot run Fortite at Epic quality preset at 2k.

I would suggest a RX 6800 or nVidia RTX3080, at least a R7 7700x or i5 13600k and 32gb of ram minimum.

I have a RTX2080, and a Core i7 9700k I cannot run Fortite at Epic quality preset at 2k.

I would suggest a RX 6800 or nVidia RTX3080, at least a R7 7700x or i5 13600k and 32gb of ram minimum.
haha thats almost the same pc the wifey has except she has the 2080ti. I have a 3080 TI but I've been trying to wait patiently for the 50 series to come out or maybe even a 4080ti.

haha thats almost the same pc the wifey has except she has the 2080ti. I have a 3080 TI but I've been trying to wait patiently for the 50 series to come out or maybe even a 4080ti.
4080 super is nice.

I'm a COD player, and I need my graphics crystal clear and highly detailed. Which is why I run this monitor with this setup:

Intel i9-13900k
128GB Ram
14TB of hdd space
GeForce RTX 4090

monitor.png

What you CAN run depends on your hardware. I know that some people run higher resolutions but lowest possible detail, others run highest graphics on lowest possible resolution. Either way if you're playing competitive fps, you'll want whatever can give you the lowest latency (generally higher fps) possible.

I assume the 1080 HDR screen and 4k screen would be in the same price category? If so, i would assume the 4k screen would be a budget one and be limited to a 60hz panel. Thus I would go for the 1080p.

It's like the question: what would you rather have? The entry level Mercedes? Or the top end Toyota Camry?

majority of gamers would pick 1440p 120hz. I'd probably pick 4k 60 because I'm a graphics whore but I'm definitely in the minority.

Frame rate is generally more desirable than eye candy for FPS games. Your choices are driven by what your hardware can support and what's important to you.

Not fortnite specific but desktop in general
4k is a TV resolution (4096x2016), too much vertical pixles and allignment with TV standards costing fps, response time and refreshrate
Ideally what you want is a low response panel with a high colourrange like nano-IPS and as much horizontal pixels your computer can handle.
I have a LG 38GN950 for example (3810x1600) and it demands all from my watercooled RX6950XT for gaming at that resolution.

Given you mix fps (frame output of you videocard) and hz (refreshrate of you screen) makes me thing you probably don't know exacly what your system can bring to the table. Get yourself a nice 25/27" 120-500hz gaming monitor with a full HD resolution and hope you can run fortnite on epic quality

Back