Help with Fusion360 needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Good Saturday morning everyone.

Any advanced Fusion360 users here? Any simple ideas on making this taper? I'm obviously no power-user so please keep the explanation understand so that a 12-year-old would understand it ;)

1712413512377.png

1712416231518.png

Last edited:
You can make it taller and then chamfer one side.

Or you can extruder higher with a new profile plane at a different angle.
I'll give it a go. Much appreciated you taking the time.

Good Saturday morning everyone.

Any advanced Fusion360 users here? Any simple ideas on making this taper? I'm obviously no power-user so please keep the explanation understand so that a 12-year-old would understand it ;)

View attachment 359242
View attachment 359243

I've never used fusion..
But, I'd imagine just select the surface plane and select function to rotate and pivot from edge to the angle you want.
At least that's what I'd do in SketchUp.

The proper way is to draw your two end diameter circles, and use the loft command.. tapers are always done using loft..

Click your two circles and the taper will appear.. just be sure it's a cut and not a join..

Edit.. ok.. I'm a dunce.. I thought you were tapering the center bore.. I didn't even see the second picture... 🤣🤣🤣

Easiest way to do that is construct an offset plane, leave it in its origin, dead center..

Turn model so one side is facing you, draw your angled part but enclose the drawing.. then use the extrude command on symmetrical and drag through the model.. it will cut the angled plane..

But .. you would first need to extrude your part upward to the tallest point first.. it's really the only way to do so without a bunch of added work or redrawing completely..

Last edited:
Back