Kraton Help guys! Link batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have two identical rated 2S 7.4 5200 mah 38.48wh batteries I purchased same day , one is a zee brand and the other us goldet I don't see there being a problem running them linked on my arrma 4s v2 exb right? Neither one has the com wire both are great quality units
Those are 2 of the cheaper lipo companies. Sometimes their c rating and mhA are less than what is said on the lipo. Try and always buy the same lipo when using together. You can get a balance checker and see if all cells are equal to each other.
https://www.amazon.com/Cellmeter-Di...LwXP6XONWhSw6GJw7-PMFdI2LewYImZxoC9AIQAvD_BwE

I thought they were solid companies ? I want a long play time consistent battery that's not gonna sh!t the bed after 2 months. And don't really want to pay 160 for a battery. What brands do you recommend? Also thse two being so close to the same what's the worst that can happen? The arrma has protection and shut down if anything started going berserk correct? They literally both came same day and been ran on the same 1/16 buggy for about 3 weeks never abused or over workd

I thought they were solid companies ? I want a long play time consistent battery that's not gonna sh!t the bed after 2 months. And don't really want to pay 160 for a battery. What brands do you recommend? Also thse two being so close to the same what's the worst that can happen? The arrma has protection and shut down if anything started going berserk correct? They literally both came same day and been ran on the same 1/16 buggy for about 3 weeks never abused or over workd
If I understand correctly, the wort thing that could happen, is that one battery is drained faster than the other, so when esc is cuttof, one battery is 7.8v and the other at 6.6. but, unlikely I guess.

You will be fine and won’t have any issues doing that. Some people have different experiences with different brands of inexpensive LiPo’s. For me, I have not had the best of luck with GoldBats, but they haven’t been terrible either, just don’t last for too long. I’ve had good luck with Zee’s and still have several that are now years old.
I assume you’ve learned everything you need to know to keep them safely, storage charge them (always) and not overly discharge them? If not, watch some YT vids. LiPo’s can be very dangerous when mishandled.
Welcome to the forum!

CNHL is a good company and arrma forum gets 10% off. SMC are very good and 2s prices aren't that expensive, you'll have them for 3 to 5 years. I'm about to try Turnigy,2 4s
You should get the lipo checker and at least 15 minutes into your run check the cells in both lipos to make sure the to different lipo company's mhA and c rating are the same.

Screenshot_20240427_155407_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?q=rapid+lipo

Last edited:
CNHL is a good company and arrma forum gets 10% off. SMC are very good and 2s prices aren't that expensive, you'll have them for 3 to 5 years..https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogsearch/result/?q=rapid+lipo
I don’t disagree with anything you just said, but I want to say that I probably have half a dozen Zeee batteries that are 3-5 years old and they’re half the price of SMC’s. I have SMC SRD series batteries for two speed runners and they’re fantastic but SO much more expensive. Not needed for bashers at all, IMO. Zeee batteries have served my bashing needs very, very well for penny’s on the dollar. And if they do crap out (which none of mine have yet) then you really don’t cry over the investment.

I don’t disagree with anything you just said, but I want to say that I probably have half a dozen Zeee batteries that are 3-5 years old and they’re half the price of SMC’s. I have SMC SRD series batteries for two speed runners and they’re fantastic but SO much more expensive. Not needed for bashers at all, IMO. Zeee batteries have served my bashing needs very, very well for penny’s on the dollar. And if they do crap out (which none of mine have yet) then you really don’t cry over the investment.
I've lost all trust in zee 3s lipos premium or not. 2s so,so. I'm just giving the guy some good name options to look into. 4 3s zee lipos only lasted me 9 months before balance issues. smc 2s prices aren't bad at all. If all lipo company's could be honest in c rating and mhA things would be soooo much easier.

Back