Hello everyone, I just purchased a limitless v2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on what motor KV you choose. I went with a Hobbywing max 5 g2 and a 4990 1650 KV. I started with a 32 tooth pinion, on 8S I went 110 pretty effortlessly.

That's a bit of a low kv, but it seems to be a common bundle since it is what they suggest to pair with it. 100mph is doable but you will need a pretty big pinion. I'm sure someone that is using that setup can give you a more definite answer. My V1 had it when I got it but I swapped it out to a max6/4990 1650kv setup. Can get 112 on 6s now, haven't tried 8s yet with the new setup 🫣

Welcome to the forum...
also welcome to the "money pit" that is speed running

pinion choice would be a decision you pick for yourself once you have chosen how many "s" you are looking to run

on my rig I'm looking to start with 39 spool/34 pinion 4s 1650kv 1717 which should take me mid 70's just to get a feel for the rig setup - upping the pinion to 44 will clear the 100 - my goal is 150 which i should be able to hit once moving up to 8s

on your rig running 8s with 39/30 gearing should see you hit 100, but you would probably want to start slower and work your way up to it.

Being new at the whole thing I think starting slower is a good idea I don't want to trash my car. Maybe I'll buy a 30 t pinion and run it on 4 and 6s and see where it's at

Very wise...
You will go far.

30T will not fit. With the V2 the lowest pinon gear is a 31 if you mod the mount a little. I started at a 30. I modded the mount a lot and did not like it so new mount and moved to a 32.
I think the V2 and the 1250 KV motor is a good start at 39/32

Last edited:
Being new at the whole thing I think starting slower is a good idea I don't want to trash my car. Maybe I'll buy a 30 t pinion and run it on 4 and 6s and see where it's at
This is a very good idea. No reason not to run it at 4s or 6s first and get feelings for how the car reacts before trying to go faster.

Also, leave the aero at full height if it hasn't been trimmed yet. It robs a few mph as you approach 100mph but it will help the car stick to the road much better while you are getting used to it.

Yeah I was wondering about trimming the spoilers I will definitely take that advice.

30T will not fit. With the V2 the lowest pinon gear is a 31 if you mod the mount a little. I started at a 30. I modded the mount a lot and did not like it so new mount and moved to a 32.
I think the V2 and the 1250 KV motor is a good start at 39/

Yeah I was wondering about trimming the spoilers I will definitely take that advice.
So if the 30 won't fit what size can I get to fit in there without replacing the motor mount or should I maybe replace the spur gear also

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

I think the V2 and the 160 ESC and the1250 KV motor is a good start at 39 spur/32 pinon. (This gearing is a little high but would work for over 100mph) If you change the spur gear to something else you would have move options.

I think the V2 and the 160 ESC and the1250 KV motor is a good start at 39 spur/32 pinon. (This gearing is a little high but would work for over 100mph) If you change the spur gear to something else you would have move options.
Should I buy plastic pinion from arrma or a steel gear

Plastic? The 1250 KV motor has an 8mm shaft and the pinon should be steel.

I have seen someone go just shy of 130mph with this motor and ESC.
100 should be very do-able.

What radio are you running? Range can be an issue for most "average" radios.

Like the others stated work on getting the car driving straight and stable up to 60 or 80 mph first.
Running on 4s initially is a great way to begin.

Yeah so when I read the arrma description they're all steel , but 5 mm shaft for that motor so I'm gonna go and order a 32 pinion according to owners manual that's the smallest one that will fit. I hope I'm right .

There are two versions of the spectrum 1250 KV motor one has an 8 mm shaft which is what I’m used to and the one that I haven’t seen but I know it’s available. Is the 5 mm shaft you need to measure that shaft to make the right decision/Purchase.

The 1250kv '100mph kit' they sell is the 5mm version of the motor. Unless it was bought separately or came from a Kraton/Outcast. Then it would be 8mm

Back