Has the type of RCs (off road, street, crawler, etc) that interest you changed over time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I started out with a 2wd Stampede and didnt care for street or crawling. Now I spend more time with my street Typhon and crawlers than anything else.

First few times I tried street bashing and crawling I wasnt a fan. Now I do one of those 2 most of the time I go out. Even thought of selling an off road basher or 2 and replacing with a 6s Infraction.

I think bashing locations are a huge part of why I changed things. Just not a lot of great spots for it and with 6s rigs more space is needed off road. If I had better off road bash spots I would do that more. That said, I actually love crawling and street bashing now and glad I learned to appreciate it.

What about you?

I've just grown out of entry-level bashers like the ARRMA 3S BLX series and Traxxas 3S (like the Slash, etc) and pretty much consolidated all my bashing to ARRMA 6S due to the engineering, tuning ability, durability, etc.

Outside of the 6S EXB series, I prefer scale RCs like my 1/10 crawlers (2S) and 1/7 scale desert racers (4S).

I thought street bashing would be really fun. and it was, until my detta broke. so that doesn't really count. Ive loved all rounders (rally cars, buggies) they just deliver fun everywhere i go.

I started in the early 90s with the Kyosho Inferno nitro powered then I got out of the Hobby for a little while. When I returned to the Hobby it was airplanes and helicopters then I got out for a little while and I came back with 8S outcast, 8s Kraton now I’m into on road speed & Drifting, and just in general bashing.

Even as a kid I've always liked driving off road with my RCs. Most off my rigs now are off road, but I do have an Inf6S for on-road bashing. The thing I didn't realize until I actually got my own Infraction was that on-road vehicles (at least the larger ones) require quite a bit of space. My living situation right now doesn't really afford me the opportunity to take out the Infraction much. They're doing a lot of construction near me, so my off road rigs see the most action for now. 3S is the newfound sweet spot for me right now, as they're lighter and require less running space. Plus my son finds it easier to carry our 3S rigs vs the 6S ones. Over the last year I also got into crawling, as far as that arena goes, trail trucks are definitely my thing. I was always that kid that wanted to drive my RC through every puddle and patch of mud I could find lol.

Back