Got my new ramp toy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to hit up jennys some time to get all these nice new Extreme Duty parts
Great idea. Me too, get the Hoss ready for a winter smackdown!šŸ˜œ I don't use it very much in the summer, but it's one of my favs for winter.

I'm really digging it so far. I think I've decided to do this one up as a budget build. See how good I can make it, as cheap as possible, even the servo. But I'm not replacing anything, until something either breaks, or just isn't working well for the rig. I'll probably do the shocks, since I have them laying around, and the stock ones are just way too fragile, and way too light. Too much chassis slap.

Thinking about also picking up a Granite to throw into the mix and see how it holds up against the other two.
I ran the 2075 or whatever pos servo the Hoss came with till failure. Then threw in a DS3225, much better. Slow, but strong by comparison to the TRX servo. I thought the hubs looked different on the v2 Pede vs Hoss in the pic @Armarookie43 posted, but since I have had the alloy bits on for a couple years now I wasn't sure. Shocks are probably the biggest fail on the Hoss for me, followed by the plastic bulkhead. I haven't noticed the front bulkhead wearing as quickly as the rear. The hinge pins get soo sloppy in the rear bulkhead for me, too quickly. I actually drilled mine out to accept 4mm hinge pins instead of replacing the bulkhead last time around. I had 4mm pins from 1/8 stuff laying around so why not. LOL

Last edited:
Back