General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think you could rinse if after, maybe even go as far as some soap and water with a soft brush and it would be just fine.

It really wouldn't take long...

I have a regular disposable water bottle with a hole in the bottle cap I setup some silicon tube on so I can rinse my cooling system out after a run. Works great!
Good idea thanks 👍

Never owned an rc boat. Just curious to know how you recover a boat stuck in the lake/river/pond. Do you prepared for such contingencies?
Yes .I have a mini row boat I use to go out if one turns over .two of my boats have a self filling chamber that fills up with water and flips it over ..I also allways wear my life jacket and allways let someone iny family know I'm going out to use my boats .I typically allways have my wife with me .if I go out on the water ,my wife stays on shore .

I built a rescue boat from pvc piping and pool noodles. Whatever solution you come up with is better than the option of swimming. Quite a few guys have died trying to retrieve their rigs. Worst case just sit and wait for the tide to bring it in.
No way would I ever try to swim for it.. that's just plain stupid🤷 doesn't matter how good of a swimmer you are.anything can happen.why take the chance.sometimes I bring my salt water fishing rod and I have a hook on the front of my boat .if I'm in the mood I'll cast a few lines and fish for my boat😁

Use this 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-071404.png
    Screenshot_20240409-071404.png
    429.2 KB · Views: 6
Never owned an rc boat. Just curious to know how you recover a boat stuck in the lake/river/pond. Do you prepared for such contingencies?

You usually carry a Backup Fetch boat to Hook&Tow your first boat back if it flips or looses power.

Or you bring an inflatable canoe to paddle out to the middle of the lake for recovery.

Or, in the most extreme situations you wade/swim out yourself to try and get your boat back.. IF it's a small pond.

I have an inflatable boat that I can air up really fast with my leaf blower, then just paddle out there.
For small ponds I have a tennis ball hooked on my fishing pole and I can cast it over the boat and pull it back in. This is my favorite method.

Or like others have shown having a second rc boat that can push it back in.

Thanks guys for the input. Did not realize rc boating needed that much preparation....secondary recovery rc boat, inflatable, life jacket, fishing pole and the most important, ability to swim.
I swam out to recover my first RC boat while wearing a life jacket.
I took rescue swimming classes and am a certified diver. I consider myself a strong swimmer.

In that scenario of rescuing my RC boat, I think I could have drowned if I did not have that life jacket on. Many people have died trying to save their toy.
Safety is #1

I have a friend in Louisiana that the city banned RC boats in city ponds, because of a drowning.

I swam out to recover my first RC boat while wearing a life jacket.
I took rescue swimming classes and am a certified diver. I consider myself a strong swimmer.

In that scenario of rescuing my RC boat, I think I could have drowned if I did not have that life jacket on. Many people have died trying to save their toy.
Safety is #1

I have a friend in Louisiana that the city banned RC boats in city ponds, because of a drowning.
Well ,we are very glad that your ok and here with us ..👍 here's a laugh for ya ...I can swim great straight but I can't stop and turn ..🤷 if I stop I can't get going again and I can't float .🤣

Well ,we are very glad that your ok and here with us ..👍 here's a laugh for ya ...I can swim great straight but I can't stop and turn ..🤷 if I stop I can't get going again and I can't float .🤣

That sort of blows my mind LOL

Keep that life jacket on!!!

Cat Swimming GIF

So my sister flipped my proboat blackjack 24’ a few summers ago, I was 14, and I swam for it. No big deal.
I am a good swimmer, having swam for school and in Lake Michigan/Mac off our boat a ton.

Wouldn’t recommend if you’re not a good athlete

I think the problem is that we think we are.... and forget how old we have gotten

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

Sounds like you're
Gold Medal Swimming GIF by Team USA

Gold Medal Swimming GIF by Team USA

For years on smaller bodies of water ... a Short Stout fishing pole with @ 20# test having a Secured Tennis ball on the end.
Cast the ball over the boat & snag any deck feature present and slowly reel it in. Some instances a Purpose installed pin or post was installed for just this reason.

Otherwise a retrieve boat or raft etc .... NEVER SWIM to retrieve boats unless wearing a life jacket too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For years on smaller bodies of water ... a Short Stout fishing pole with @ 20# test having a Secured Tennis ball on the end.
Cast the ball over the boat & snag any deck feature present and slowly reel it in. Some instances a Purpose installed pin or post was installed for just this reason.

Otherwise a retrieve boat or raft etc .... NEVER SWIM to retrieve boats unless wearing a life jacket too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Retrieval hook like I posted above works great👍 never used a tennis ball ,but I tei a soccer ball to the end and set it on the ground,then I back up 50 ft and run super fast kick the ball and launch it towards the boat👍😉 works every time

If all fails ,just call the coast guard.They will be more than Glad to help for a small fee 👍

Last edited:
Retrieval hook like I posted above works great👍 never used a tennis ball ,but I tei a soccer ball to the end and set it on the ground,then I back up 50 ft and run super fast kick the ball and launch it towards the boat👍😉 works every time

If all fails ,just call the coast guard.They will be more than Glad to help for a small fee 👍
And I thought CASTING accurately OVER a dead boat took some practice .. you must be super human in being able to kick a ball to the needed Degree of accuracy :cautious:

If you have not got on a bicycle or skateboard in the last 10 years...you're OLD
Road my GT.pro performer freestyle bike last Saturday..🤷 not old yet 👍

And I thought CASTING accurately OVER a dead boat took some practice .. you must be super human in being able to kick a ball to the needed Degree of accuracy :cautious:
I played striker position in soccer clubs when I was a teen and into my early twenties.im portuguese.its in my blood. Super human🤔. NO ,BUT I'm a pretty damn good kicker 👍

Back