Front end Friday - show us what you got!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going old school. Got this because I had one when they first came out. I’ve tried to kill this thing and all I’ve done is fry clutches. It’s 4 years old. Original servo. Motor. Nothing but prolines and big tires all jacked up and ready to be sent. I just can’t get rid of it….

image.jpg

True, there’s lots of good competition lately. That pic is a real gem tho! Not to mention I’ve always fancied the notorious body.

Well thank you sir for the compliment. Never took myself as much of a photographer.
When I get some more done to the truck I'll enter. Maybe the body will be a bit "weathered" by then. I think they look better with some use on em'.

Big Rock does not like bigger tires. Stripped the rear input gear again. Ordered metal gears...hopefully this resolves the self inflicted problem.
Plastic gears, especially in anything above 1/24th scale is BS imo. 1/10th truck should've came with the 'upgrade.' Sorry about the headache with that.

They're awesome trucks otherwise. It would be what I'd go for in 1/10th.

Plastic gears, especially in anything above 1/24th scale is BS imo. 1/10th truck should've came with the 'upgrade.' Sorry about the headache with that.

Although I agree with you, I ran my 1/10 3s Senton on 6s for awhile.(blx185/TP 4050 1900kv) The input gears actually survived it. And quite unbelievably, the main failures came from center shaft, rear ring gear, axles, and the HD STEEL SPUR. lol

16556991693615060334444463364746.jpg

Although I agree with you, I ran my 1/10 3s Senton on 6s for awhile.(blx185/TP 4050 1900kv) The input gears actually survived it. And quite unbelievably, the main failures came from center shaft, rear ring gear, axles, and the HD STEEL SPUR. lol

View attachment 367190
Looks like you had to have some fun before that failed. Sintered steel? Edit - no, that doesn't look sintered, does it? Tough little trucks to take that kind of power at all imo 💪.

Would have been nice to have a metal drivetrain and center diff with the 3s big rock. In all fairness, the rig was reliable and ran very well stock. Credit to Arrma.
When I started pushing the limits with upgraded motor, esc and larger tires, the limits pushed back. I enjoy wrenching and its part of the hobby.

View attachment 367190

Wow. You ran it on 6s and the plastic input gear survived. I still have not resolved my problems with 3s... :)

Last edited:
Looks like you had to have some fun before that failed. Sintered steel? Edit - no, that doesn't look sintered, does it? Tough little trucks to take that kind of power at all imo 💪.
We could sat that.. here is just one of the few things I got up to during that phase.
Would have been nice to have a metal drivetrain and center diff with the 3s big rock. In all fairness, the rig was reliable and ran very well stock. Credit to Arrma.
When I started pushing the limits with upgraded motor, esc and larger tires, the limits pushed back. I enjoy wrenching and its part of the hobby.

Wow. You ran it on 6s and the plastic input gear survived. I still have not resolved my problems with 3s... :)
I hear that. I destroyed countless inputs on 3s until I went metal. But yes, I was expecting to ruin a handful of them and didn't. Had it on 6s for a couple weeks or so before switching back after the spur convinced me to.

And BTW, you can get metal inputs, ring gears, diff cups, center shaft and cvds.
The center shaft is the only one not on my Senton 3s today.

We could sat that.. here is just one of the few things I got up to during that phase.
I hear that. I destroyed countless inputs on 3s until I went metal. But yes, I was expecting to ruin a handful of them and didn't. Had it on 6s for a couple weeks or so before switching back after the spur convinced me to.

And BTW, you can get metal inputs, ring gears, diff cups, center shaft and cvds.
Nice video... My rigs also have a strange attraction to water and mud.

Going step by step on the metal upgrade. Fail then upgrade principle. Metal driveshaft upgrade done...stock u-joints kept popping out. Waiting for metal input and diff to arrive. Surprisingly, my plastic spur gear is still holding.

I destroyed countless inputs on 3s until I went metal. But yes, I was expecting to ruin a handful of them and didn't. Had it on 6s for a couple weeks or so before switching back after the spur convinced me to.

I've put a 4s center fluid diff & power module in my 3s Senton & also a V2.5 120a ESC. Plans are for 3s only. What all metal components do you recommend, ie; diffs, yokes, inputs, etc? For running 4s if I decide to? I've upgraded the CVDs to metal, but I'm not that certain they (china type) will last. Running 108mm aftermarket street tires atm

I've put a 4s center fluid diff & power module in my 3s Senton & also a V2.5 120a ESC. Plans are for 3s only. What all metal components do you recommend, ie; diffs, yokes, inputs, etc? For running 4s if I decide to? I've upgraded the CVDs to metal, but I'm not that certain they (china type) will last. Running 108mm aftermarket street tires atm
On 3s, I used to say only 3 upgrades will show you instant results. ARRMA has since added bearings to the bellcrank yet I still like a stiffer bellcrank over stock. The Arrma HD cvd shafts are all you need now, along with the Hot Racing pivot balls(tightens crucial components up better to remover excess play). The rest are just a matter of preference.

Full metal drivetrain would be the best option. I'm going on the principle upgrade when it fails. How does it handle with the center diff installed? I was considering it a while ago but other problems came up.

Running 3s 150A ESC with 17mm hex and 150mm tires on the Big Rock...already pushing the limits.

Full metal drivetrain would be the best option. I'm going on the principle upgrade when it fails. How does it handle with the center diff installed? I was considering it a while ago but other problems came
I've still got the front apart doing an aluminum bellcrank & bearings & refill on the diff to 40k. Then I gotta do the rear to 20k.

Back