Kraton Front and Rear Towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
How much heavier if at all are the JBIRC shock towers vs Voltage Hobbies? I need for Kraton and Talion as soon as possible... or, should I wait for M2C racing to come out?
Weather is cooling off down here and its time to bash so I need all my trucks in solid shape.

I don't know, if you need them Asap, get the ones for the best price if that's your thing or from a manufacturer you prefer. As far as cooling off, I believe it when I see it. Lol
It's going to be in the low 90s this week as far as I can see. ?

I don't know, if you need them Asap, get the ones for the best price if that's your thing or from a manufacturer you prefer. As far as cooling off, I believe it when I see it. Lol
It's going to be in the low 90s this week as far as I can see. ?
Yesterday was nice and early this morning was nice but its starting to get hot out here at work. Also lower humidity lately has been motivating me to get in the workshop. The portable AC and no insulation in there aint hittin on sh%t.

It’s near 90F here in northern Ohio today. Loving this long summer. Heck, it’s gonna be cooler when I get to the Dominican on Tuesday than it will be here in Ohio. ?

Yesterday was nice and early this morning was nice but its starting to get hot out here at work. Also lower humidity lately has been motivating me to get in the workshop. The portable AC and no insulation in there aint hittin on sh%t.
Yeah crimson, can't wait for a change myself, these 95-99° days are getting old. Hard to run in this damm heat. But guess what, when it gets in the 20-30, I'll be bitchin then also. Would be nice to have a Southern Cali climate, hear San Diago has one of the best year round climates year round. No AC at night with a cool ocean breeze. ?

Does scorched rc make shock towers?
The Gpm and Hot Racing ones are more for bling so you don't want those.
The Alza Racing ones seem decent and they are pretty inexpensive.
Markhor makes shock towers too but they are expensive.

Does scorched rc make shock towers?
The Gpm and Hot Racing ones are more for bling so you don't want those.
The Alza Racing ones seem decent and they are pretty inexpensive.
Markhor makes shock towers too but they are expensive.

I just got a response from Mitch at M2C and he says they're still in the testing and getting beat on stage but if all goes well he'll be offering in about three weeks.
I kinda want to wait but may try the JBIRC if I can't hold out. $88 shipped
The Alza ones do look pretty good or pretty much like the Voltage ones...I'll have to check shipping and lead time. /$60 shipped and looks like it can take 10 days til they ship for the 7075 on the Kraton.
If Voltage had em, I'd buy from them as I have experience with one set of towers on Noto and chassis braces on Kraton, Talion and Noto. Theirs are good quality but out of stock even though I saw a 15% off coupon. If I had to guess, he's shutting down and looking to unload stock.
Markhor is substantially more expensive than all of em. Well over 100$ for the set.
Scorched has some in Titanium but sold out right now.

I'm sending the Talion more than ever lately so they'll surely bend soon and I just hammered flat the Kraton rear tower yesterday to buy time for upgrade.

The Hobby Shop that is two hours away messaged me that they'll have three Outcast Special Edition in tomorrow and I'm off work. If I could afford to buy as an investment to resell I'd make a trip but not sure yet if I can swing it. Will decide later tonight after beer.

Last edited:
The m2c ones look beast mode. Rc dude 81 got a test vid. I'd wait n get them

The M2C do look outstanding and why feel I should wait for em. Just need to take it easy on the Kraton for a few weeks.

Yeah, the M2C ones do look sweet. Nice and beefy at the top in the middle and honed out in the middle to save weight.

Hey @crimsonfancy, whatever you buy, I'm sure that either the M2C or JBIRC will be huge improvements. JBIRC has two options now in two different grades of aluminum, so a thinner, stronger option is available. I can mash the strongest out there, so for me it would be a $ saving choice. I'm sure you are much kinder to your trucks, so either will serve you well.

Just installed my JBIRC 6mm towers hears some information I wrote down myself

Kraton/Notorious
Stock front 1.42oz by 5.3mm
JBIRC 6mm front 2.17oz by 4.9-6.1mm

Stock rear 2.24oz by 5.5mm
JBIRC 6mm rear 3.29oz by 5.5-6.1mm
Really fast shipping to order friday and got them in yesterday

Attachments

• 20190923_174009.jpg
    20190923_174009.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20190923_220742_453.jpg
    IMG_20190923_220742_453.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20190923_220742_410.jpg
    IMG_20190923_220742_410.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20190923_220742_465.jpg
    IMG_20190923_220742_465.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190923_220742_411.jpg
    IMG_20190923_220742_411.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 47
M2C towers photos courtesy of Rich Duperbash

"Wanted to share some unmounted pics of the new beefy prototype front and rear 7075 M2C Racing ARRMA shock towers. These are in the design/testing phase so relax ??. Thickest sections are 9+mm. Please don't ask for a release date ?. Huge props to Mitch Looper for his dedication to our hobby?"

Final photo is a CAD drawing from Mitch Looper

M2C towers photos courtesy of Rich Duperbash

"Wanted to share some unmounted pics of the new beefy prototype front and rear 7075 M2C Racing ARRMA shock towers. These are in the design/testing phase so relax ??. Thickest sections are 9+mm. Please don't ask for a release date ?. Huge props to Mitch Looper for his dedication to our hobby?"

Final photo is a CAD drawing from Mitch Looper

View attachment 49110
View attachment 49111
View attachment 49112
View attachment 49113
View attachment 49114
View attachment 49115
View attachment 49116
Those are the sh!t. That's what I'll be buying going forward. Won't replace my existing Voltage towers but I will replace the 6061 JBI monstrosities I own for the Talion. I hate those towers.

Those are the sh!t. That's what I'll be buying going forward. Won't replacey existing Voltage towers but I will replace the 6061 JBI monstrosities I own for the Talion. I hate those towers.

What don't you like about em?
I know they make a 7075. Do you not like the design? Just curious because I need to buy something soon.

What don't you like about em?
I know they make a 7075. Do you not like the design? Just curious because I need to buy something soon.
The design. You can't get the diff bulkhead covers back in with these towers on. Terrible design and I think they are ugly like their chassis.

The design. You can't get the diff bulkhead covers back in with these towers on. Terrible design and I think they are ugly like their chassis.

Damn. well that's plenty enough reason not to buy em. Shame. I agree that the chassis is ugly and too heavy to boot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back