First time painting my Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
What do you guys think of this paint job?? Im also planning on doing the tape mod to the body so it can last forever. I have some special 3D printed air intakes coming soon. So I’m super hype for that! Btw I still have the plastic film on it I haven’t removed it.

I used Metallic blue, lame flake and black.

I made the underbody white.

tempImageZkpgyX.jpg
tempImageOfwcvj.jpg
tempImagehmbjl7.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, its going to look great with the plastic off. i like the simplicity of it. whats this tape mod you speak of? some sort of liner to reinforce the shell?

@adamwins I’m guessing they’re referring to using gorilla tape on the underside of the body to reinforce it.
Re enforcing the body can be a great idea. As long as you don't over do it. You don't want to make the shell too heavy. It will only break in a crash. Also make the model way top heavy. I may re enforce the clip holes. :cool:. Have fun and experiment. (y) .

Beeeeeutiful job 🤙😁👍

Nice job, it’s going to look great with the plastic off. i like the simplicity of it. whats this tape mod you speak of? some sort of liner to reinforce the shell?
Yea either the dry wall tape with E6000 glue or screen tape with the E6000 glue. I heard that it can be heavy on the body. I will probably do a layer or two.

Yea either the dry wall tape with E6000 glue or screen tape with the E6000 glue. I heard that it can be heavy on the body. I will probably do a layer or two.
i wouldnt mind the wieght. id even add some lead under, Half the battle with my groms has been keeping them from flying away & theyre also easier to control with added weight. i'll often put a 1/8" 2x4" steel welding coupon attached to the bottom of the chassis. it makes a world of differentce, surprised" those little plastic shells tho take a beating before they break.

Back