Kraton First run blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy5586

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
Took the K6 on her maiden voyage yesterday after I torqued the wheels on with the supplied wrench which apparently doesn't give enough leverage. 10 minutes into the first run and the rear right wheel decided to race the rest of the truck across the yard.....and it won 😂

1000003103.jpg

1000003104.jpg

Took the K6 on her maiden voyage yesterday after I torqued the wheels on with the supplied wrench which apparently doesn't give enough leverage. 10 minutes into the first run and the rear right wheel decided to race the rest of the truck across the yard.....and it won 😂

View attachment 359436
View attachment 359437

No worries.
It happens..

That wheel can be salvaged.
You need to use drill some small holes and tap in some small grub screws to "squeeze the sides back into square..
Then use some JB Weld to re-enforce the edges to prevent the force/torque from mangling the repairs.

No worries.
It happens..

That wheel can be salvaged.
You need to use drill some small holes and tap in some small grub screws to "squeeze the sides back into square..
Then use some JB Weld to re-enforce the edges to prevent the force/torque from mangling the repairs.
Not a bad idea at all there! I sent arrma an email with the pictures and what happened, I know I can't exactly prove I torqued them down enough but figured it was worth a shot anyways

The supplied T-wrench is not adequate and doesn’t torque the wheels enough. Get a stubby ratchet with a 17mm socket on it, and make sure the knurled side of the wheel nut faces the wheel. Hopefully Horizon will send you a replacement, too! I think you’ll get a pair if they do.
IMG_3254.jpeg

The supplied T-wrench is not adequate and doesn’t torque the wheels enough. Get a stubby ratchet with a 17mm socket on it, and make sure the knurled side of the wheel nut faces the wheel. Hopefully Horizon will send you a replacement, too! I think you’ll get a pair if they do.
View attachment 359466
That's exactly what I had in mind to use. If they don't send a replacement I'll hit up ebay, no biggie by any means ya know

I just looked on horizon, for what a pair costs I can spend like $15 or so more and buy a whole set from jennys

Last edited:
Got a torque wrench I use for repairs on my car. Its overkill but does Arrma have a set torque lb-in or lb-ft for 17mm wheel nuts

does Arrma have a set torque lb-in or lb-ft for 17mm wheel nuts
No.
I have a small torque wrench for firearms, I'll probably just use German torque for it though lol
You’re over thinking it. The widely accepted technical advice for torque standards on 17mm wheel nuts is tight as hell, but quite tight AF. 😊

You guys are full of it today. I always use the supplied wrench. Works fine. I do put a LOT of force into it though. Haven't had a wheel get stripped and come off yet. I'm practically the size of a child, and yet I have plenty of strength to torque those no problem. Have accidentally broken studs off vehicles with 4 way irons trying to take stuck lugnuts off. I'm a torque.

You guys are full of it today. I always use the supplied wrench. Works fine. I do put a LOT of force into it though. Haven't had a wheel get stripped and come off yet. I'm practically the size of a child, and yet I have plenty of strength to torque those no problem. Have accidentally broken studs off vehicles with 4 way irons trying to take stuck lugnuts off. I'm a torque.
Yes we are full of it today...full of good ideas 😁 there is no need for guessing what tool you all need .I already posted of my 50,000 pound impact torque gun that will make sure your wheels will never come off..like ever again.permanently😁👍

Your mama’s a torque…
🤭

Oo, burn. Yeah, I should've been swallowed instead of conceived, but my momma has too much class for that. But me?.... SOMETHING went WRONG when making the perfect man. For SURE.
No worries..no one is perfect 😉

Back