Big Rock Fellow RC folks, my Kraton 4s has lost it's MOJO? (Performance issue)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westryder907

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey everyone,

My Kraton 4S was fast enough to do wheelies from mid-throttle the first 5-6 runs, it's used but the guy I bought it from took good care of everything and everything was solid.

Now the last 2 times I've taken out my Kraton 4s and do my thing on my 2x 2s 50C 5200 LiPo batteries, the batteries can be fully charges but when I hit the throttle the car does not have the same performance and won't even do wheelies?

Normally I'd have to 'gradually' accelerate to avoid losing control but now it's just more of a lack luster of what it used to be.
I'm not an RC guru necesarily, I've built 1 or 2 RC kits way back in my day so I understand the very basics of the basics, and I know todays RC cats are a whole new ballgame so if anyone could help please give as much detail so I can learn this stuff again.

I don't bash at all and the highest jump I've taken was less than knee high and I rarly jump it. The terrain I drive on 100% of time is asphalt and I somtimes run it on well kemp grass in my yard.

Thank you so much!

Is there a high pitch squeal when you accelerate? Sounds like the slipper clutch has become lose. The instruction manual (if you don't have it go on the Arrma website and download a copy) will show you how to tighten it. Essentially just remove the centre drive shaft, locate the allen key in the screw for the slipper clutch and push the car forward until it's tight.

It might be the slipper clutch has seen better days, a replacement is dead simple and cheap if so. Or it could just be it needs to be reassembled and some red loctite used to hold it in place.

Good luck!

I bought a Kraton 4s in January this year as a way to get back into the hobby. I now have a Kraton 4s, Notorious 6s, Kraton EXB, Typhon 3s and Felony! It's a slippery slope!

Is there a high pitch squeal when you accelerate? Sounds like the slipper clutch has become lose. The instruction manual (if you don't have it go on the Arrma website and download a copy) will show you how to tighten it. Essentially just remove the centre drive shaft, locate the allen key in the screw for the slipper clutch and push the car forward until it's tight.

It might be the slipper clutch has seen better days, a replacement is dead simple and cheap if so. Or it could just be it needs to be reassembled and some red loctite used to hold it in place.

Good luck!

I bought a Kraton 4s in January this year as a way to get back into the hobby. I now have a Kraton 4s, Notorious 6s, Kraton EXB, Typhon 3s and Felony! It's a slippery slope!

Yes there is a high pitch squeel which I was told at the P.O.S it was normal?

I did exactly what you suggested and ran outside for a test run on my partially charged 5000mah 50C 2Sx2 batteries and boom!WHEELIES! :D
Thank you so much for your help, it was so easy to tighten this part.

My Kraton has it's MOJO back! :D

My Kraton has it's MOJO back! :D
Groovy baby yeahh! ?
1601674052054.jpeg

Just make sure you don't over tighten it!

The nut is still stuck on the tire, it's righty-tighy lefty-loose right? I've tried socket wrenches, pliers, gripping pliers, WD40, heat... each one keeps grinding the nut down to nothing, there's nolonger any grip on it and I'm not sure how to move forwards now. :/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back