Fastest Losi Promoto? 91 mph - Castle Powered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boy got a new hoodie to replace his ripped jersey and cover up all the dings in his helmet

IMG_5099.jpeg

Saw a Kevin Talbot video a couple of days ago showing a boat load of Treal aluminum upgrades for the Promoto. Only added a bit of weight, but really expensive. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
The added weight of the aluminum parts was offset by how much lighter his wallet got.

The wheels and tires won't handle the real fast speeds. The wheels also tend to split if you get on
them hard. But there are many upgrades available for sure. You know this anyway. I am sure you did your research well knowing how you are.
Enjoy.:)
Yeah I can't imagine they do so well at the real high speeds. But a good 50+ would be quite nice to see. I just need to get me a BEC for this flywheel.
thx
my wife found it on etsy
haha dude I saw that on Etsy too!! I love it. I think I also saw a back pack which looked cool

I really meant to run it with and without the rider on the stock system to see how it felt but I completely forgot but I will be doing that after its ready to rock again. Just seems like although he isnt super heavy, he must be adding a lot of top heavy leverage and of course hes not exactly aerodynamic. Seems like it would come out of corners better if he wasnt there but time will tell. Of course he acts as a massive pillow to protect the top of the bike as well so i'll have to think about that.

When I see these I think they look small. Then I see them next to something for scale and they seem big. Look again and seem small. My eyes are clearly playing games with me. Pretty cool, no doubt.
Dude I know! but they are quite massive. I'll put some pictures up tonight with random stuff for scale lol. When I first saw at the hobby shop it was like:
Oh My God Wow GIF

Just picked up my BEC, Proline street tires, and they had a spring set for the front forks with what I assume is different strengths of springs.

Also I saw a guy on one of the facebook groups for the promoto make a bar instead of the wheels on the sides and it looked asthetically better and also according to him functioned much better so I might look into doing that as well.

Vitavon makes a extended swing arm that adds just over an inch in length that I want very bad but $178 hurts.....but I know in the next 2 weeks that it'll take to get here I will want it even more so do I just buy the damn thing and move on is the question

Just picked up my BEC, Proline street tires, and they had a spring set for the front forks with what I assume is different strengths of springs.

Also I saw a guy on one of the facebook groups for the promoto make a bar instead of the wheels on the sides and it looked asthetically better and also according to him functioned much better so I might look into doing that as well.

Link?
Are those just a thick sleeve (free spinning) over a threaded rod?

Or small bearings at the end of a bar??

Vitavon makes a extended swing arm that adds just over an inch in length that I want very bad but $178 hurts.....but I know in the next 2 weeks that it'll take to get here I will want it even more so do I just buy the damn thing and move on is the question

Are there replacement chairs for this bike?
Can you take links off those chains and link additional chains together for a custom new length you want?

If so, just need to design a custom Longer rear swing arm for your bike..

Link?
Are those just a thick sleeve (free spinning) over a threaded rod?

Or small bearings at the end of a bar??

Are there replacement chairs for this bike?
Can you take links off those chains and link additional chains together for a custom new length you want?

If so, just need to design a custom Longer rear swing arm for your bike..
Well actually he had threaded rod that he bent into a half circle so the one side threaded into the chassis infront of the guys foot and the other half behind his foot. Trying to find the post but haven't got it yet.

Yes you can buy new chains! I don't know if you can separate the links I haven't tried yet but I can later tonight. Custom arm would be cool I suppose. But the shiny metal perfect ones are also very cool....

Back