Earthquake this morning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best part about living in NE Wisconsin. No earthquakes. No hurricanes. A tornado once every 35 years.

Literally all we have to worry about is the occasional snow storm and those are usually predicted days in advance.

Crazy stuff! Really never thought about earthquakes in the northeast, always thinking more about one happening here in the PNW. 🫨

Did a little reading after seeing the news on this and saw there was a strong quake in the northeast back in 1755 that was around 6.3 on the Richter Scale and was felt from Portland, Maine down to Boston. I'm always a little nervous about "the big one" hitting the PNW in my lifetime, didn't know until I moved up here the Juan De Fuca plate we are near produces larger quakes than the San Andreas fault.

Seems like it would be just as bad for a 6.0-6.5 to hit somewhere the buildings aren't designed to handle the swaying. The northeast has loads of skyscrapers and otherwise tall building, most of which were probably never designed with earthquakes in mind. Glad it was a smaller quake. 😎

Best part about living in NE Wisconsin. No earthquakes. No hurricanes. A tornado once every 35 years.

Literally all we have to worry about is the occasional snow storm and those are usually predicted days in advance.
Aside from the snow, pretty much the same here in NY. Earthquakes and tornadoes are rare.

Crazy stuff! Really never thought about earthquakes in the northeast, always thinking more about one happening here in the PNW. 🫨

Did a little reading after seeing the news on this and saw there was a strong quake in the northeast back in 1755 that was around 6.3 on the Richter Scale and was felt from Portland, Maine down to Boston. I'm always a little nervous about "the big one" hitting the PNW in my lifetime, didn't know until I moved up here the Juan De Fuca plate we are near produces larger quakes than the San Andreas fault.

Seems like it would be just as bad for a 6.0-6.5 to hit somewhere the buildings aren't designed to handle the swaying. The northeast has loads of skyscrapers and otherwise tall building, most of which were probably never designed with earthquakes in mind. Glad it was a smaller quake. 😎
Ah, that's why I bought a doublewide in the sticks, lower to the ground. Not cuz I couldn't afford a two story with a full basement.. I was worried about earthquakes. ;) :cool:

Pretty wild how far from the epicenter it was felt.

I've been all day in a sub ,so maybe that's why I didn't feel it
Do you work at the Groton facility?

Just the Illegal Immigrants causing a shift in the earths crust, nothing to worry about. That's why Cali has so many earthquakes. ;)
LOL!! Dude! They're talking about shipping migrants out to my neck of the woods.. I don't like the idea TBH, but more pertinent is the fact that there is no public transit or grocery stores within a half hour drive from me.. why would they bring them here? I won't say what my response would be if I caught an undocumented person trying to hurt my family or take my stuff. Let's just say it would remain undocumented.. ;)

Just talked to my wife and she said she felt it at work

I've been all day in a sub ,so maybe that's why I didn't feel it
Unrelated perhaps, but I noticed recently that a nascar race was sponsered by "BuildSubmarines.com".. is there really that much of a demand for submarines? Maybe we need them to ship out migrants? 🤷‍♂️

Unrelated perhaps, but I noticed recently that a nascar race was sponsered by "BuildSubmarines.com".. is there really that much of a demand for submarines? Maybe we need them to ship out migrants? 🤷‍♂️
No, but there is a great need for quality submarines so the SA cartels can ship tons of drugs to the U.S. to meet our needs.

No, but there is a great need for quality submarines so the SA cartels can ship tons of drugs to the U.S. to meet our needs.
Huh, good point. I grow my own. LOL. Actually I gave that stuff up for the most part. I figured out that life's too short to spend an hour lookin around everytime I set something down..:unsure:🙃:ROFLMAO:

Back