DX5C or DX5 pro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterWolf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I thought that I really wanted a DX5 pro but really started to wonder which one was more worth the money? One down side to it I feel is the price but it has a lot of pros over the DX5C. A few things I don't like about the DX5C are how horrible it looks, it doesn't have a backlit screen, and there aren't many things adjustable on it. The things I don't like about the DX5 pro is it's double the cost, and doesn't have many features over the DX5C but it looks amazing, has a backlit screen, is adjustable in many ways, and is better overall. These are the ones I'm choosing because I really like the idea of spektrum smart and people seem to love them. So, which seems to be better for the money? I'm pretty much open to either.

You want to showboat that bling or get get a 5c. Performance wise they are the same. Pay double for some bling bragging rights.
In the end it is just a Spektrum. Radio. The Raceware F/W is not different all. What you are paying for. Why pay more for the Pro. Because it comes with an extra wheel size?? I hope that Smart Eco thing is not your motivating factor.:unsure:
I would skip Spektrum altogether. And I have the Dx5C. Get a NB4. Have that also along with a Rc6GS. Get the NB4 and don't' look back if you have hole burning in your pocket.

You want to showboat that bling or get get a 5c. Performance wise they are the same. Pay double for some bling bragging rights.
In the end it is just a Spektrum. Radio. The Raceware F/W is not different all. What you are paying for. Why pay more for the Pro. Because it comes with an extra wheel size?? I hope that Smart Eco thing is not your motivating factor.:unsure:
I would skip Spektrum altogether. And I have the Dx5C. Get a NB4. Have that also along with a Rc6GS. Get the NB4 and don't' look back if you have hole burning in your pocket.
I already looked at the NB4 and I just don't like it. A touch screen is just something I would hate on my transmitter.

I agree about the DX5c screen. The Pro is better in this regard. But. there is more to a radio than just the screen.
The DX5c Taught me one thing, and I still use it for 6 models. I don't like Spektrum radio any longer. I don't like the GUI and how you navigate through it. If it broke tommorow, I would get an additional RC6GS or just put the 6 models into my NB4. In the daylight, most radios are hard to see the screen anyway.
I like to spread out my rigs among different radios. I wouldn't plan on using one radio for all of them. If the radio breaks down, all my rigs are down. I don't put all my apples in one basket. My speed runners stay with the RC6GS for the obvious reason. Range.
But we all RC differently.

I agree about the DX5c screen. The Pro is better in this regard. But. there is more to a radio than just the screen.
The DX5c Taught me one thing, and I still use it for 6 models. I don't like Spektrum radio any longer. I don't like the GUI and how you navigate through it. If it broke tommorow, I would get an additional RC6GS or just put the 6 models into my NB4. In the daylight, most radios are hard to see the screen anyway.
I like to spread out my rigs among different radios. I wouldn't plan on using one radio for all of them. If the radio breaks down, all my rigs are down. I don't put all my apples in one basket. My speed runners stay with the RC6GS for the obvious reason. Range.
But we all RC differently.
true...the screen is the only difference worth bringing up. Thats why I have the DX5C and not the pro.

When I considered Spektrum several years back. I felt the DX5C was the best for the price as Spektrums go. It never failed me as of yet. Just nothing much to write home about. Power button was junk out the box. Quirky. Would power off or on when it wanted to. Spektrum came through under warranty real quick Never missed a beat. Been fine since. But many state it is still an issue today.
Having one now for quite a while. I am not a fan of Spektrum radio. So the Pro or whatever Spektrum, would never be an upgrade or option for me.
Just personal preference.

Dx5c in my opinion. The scrollwheel is a little fiddly but the touch thingy on the pro is horrendous imho. No issues with screen on my end. Check the classifieds for some discounted ones.

I'm selling this in the classifieds section, it is 2 receivers and a dx5 pro of the price of 1 receiver and a dx5c

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/this-months-sellout-prices-updated.45763/
Yep. I used to run spectrum. Then I grew up and it’s futaba or nothing!
This is my radio. I have the 7px. Link to the 7pxr.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba...radio-system-fut01004406-3/p-qqqct2eqyczxqctz
just got one of these, that is why i am selling my spectrum stuff

I have the DX5 Pro so I can definitely agree with everything you said.

Futaba..!! job done 😎
Thank You! When I started in RC, Kraft and Proline were big, both now long gone American made brands. MRC (Tamiya) was on its way out and Futaba was a rising star. I have owned others, but Futaba was always my favorite. I have a cheap, entry level Futaba 3 channel now, just starting to learn how to use it and branch away from the “came-with” radios. Especially since I have a couple old rc10’s and other cars (30+ years old) I would like to get away from the 27mhz and 72 mhz radios of old.
Glad Futaba is still considered a decent choice.

BTW, the DX5 Pro has half the latency of the DX5C (5.5ms vs 11ms), so there is definitely a performance difference with the Pro.

Back