Dusty Motors Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Positive is keeps MOST the dirt and debris out, negatives are more heat for electronics and also the pain it is to get it on the rig.
^^^ I second this.
I will add that having 4 in total for 2 Arrma rigs, one Tekno MT and an AE SCT, I find them to be a nuisance. How and where you bash will determine any real benefit using a DMC or similar product. Dirt can still pack on top of the cover and does cause heating issues... mostly in warmer climates.
One of my DMC's just went ablaze from sparks while plugging in my Lipo pack. At least I think it was the cause. But they are made from a nylon that is flammable. I seem to be the only one that this happened to. Never heard of this happening to anyone else. Made of charred mess of my Noto. It was like a flash fire that consummed all of the DMC in a few seconds.
I don't use the 3 remaining DM covers any longer. Never will again. I don't see any great advantage. The fire may have been a fluke as well. And DMC never responded to numerous contacts regarding the fire issue. I merely asked what exact material they used. I Never asked for a refund or replacement.
Not a great company IMHO. I just know that having experience with 4 of these proved no significant value IMHO, potential fire issue aside. I feel they are overpriced for what they are. Just my spin.
I have made comments elsewhere on AF regarding DMC some time ago.
I do see many using these with success FWIW.:cool:

Last edited:
^^^ I second this.
I will add that having 4 in total for 2 Arrma rigs, one Tekno MT and an AE SCT, I find them to be a nuisance. How and where you bash will determine any real benefit using a DMC or similar product. Dirt can still pack on top of the cover and does cause heating issues... mostly in warmer climates.
One of my DMC's just went ablaze from sparks while plugging in my Lipo pack. At least I think it was the cause. But they are made from a nylon that is flammable. I seem to be the only one that this happened to. Never heard of this happening to anyone else. Made of chared mess of my Noto. It was like a flash fire that consummed all of the DMC in a few seconds.
I don't use the 3 remaining DM covers any longer. Never will again. I don't see any great advantage. The fire may have been a fluke as well. And DMC never responded to numerous contacts regarding the fire issue. I merely asked what exact material they used. I Never asked for a reund or replacement.
Not a great company IMHO. I just know that having experience with 4 of these proved no significant value IMHO, potential fire issue aside. I feel they are overpriced for what they are. Just my spin.
I have made comments elsewhere on AF regarding DMC some time ago.
I do see many using these with success FWIW.:cool:
Thanks mate. Your knowledge & experience is appreciated. The response I needed to put the thought to bed.
cheers

I have the raiden racing one and love it.. I also have 40mm fan on it!! Zero complaints
Oh.. And it has 26t pinion and i live in fl!!
😁

Attachments

• 20210809_225251_HDR.jpg
    20210809_225251_HDR.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 82
I bought one similar, Raiden Racing, for my Senton 3S. While I do love the idea of it, airflow IS restricted. The only time I've managed to overheat was while using this. Yes, it keeps the chassis interior clean. Depending on how you run and where, it has pros and cons. I find the Scorched fenders in my 6S work just as well minus the heat.

I bought one similar, Raiden Racing, for my Senton 3S. While I do love the idea of it, airflow IS restricted. The only time I've managed to overheat was while using this. Yes, it keeps the chassis interior clean. Depending on how you run and where, it has pros and cons. I find the Scorched fenders in my 6S work just as well minus the heat.
Yea u gotta have a beefy fan
Im about to get a set of those for my felony.. Been wanting to try em

I've been using mine for over a year now with no issues. I haven't experienced overheating issues since I fitted fans to my motor - the Dusty Motors Shroud was fitted to prevent grass, sticks, stones etc entering the fans.

It takes 5 seconds to detach one end and fold back to fit the battery, so I've found it easy to live with.

The mesh material is the same as found on outerwears. For the ambient temps I run in, I've not seen any air flow issues. On the contrary, before I fitted the shroud, my rig's fans were at risk of being blocked every time I ran it.

IMG_20220417_165205.jpg

On the first few runs, I realised my motor was going to fry.
IMG_20220915_123624.jpg

PXL_20231117_171911860.jpg

Now being run with a 4292 1780KV motor.
IMG_20220512_201556.jpg

IMG_20220512_203517.jpg

These speed runs were done in 30°C temps. I monitored my motor temps and heat was manageable without having to baby it at all. Dreaded chippings do not enter the chassis with the shroud fitted. Result

Screenshot_20230619_231346_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Off road, across grass and dirt - no more stress!

Screenshot_20230731_162117_edit_217635850132936.jpg

It's generally easier to keep the rig ship shape, which is my preferred way of keeping my rigs. Happy wife - happy life! 😝
PXL_20231121_230517212.jpg

Weather permitting, next weekend will be another speed run and attempt to beat my personal best 0-60mph time of 3.79 seconds.🤞

Ran the rig yesterday with new tyres, 16/52 worked out under geared. 57mph. 🙄

Tekno Mod 1 M5 Mod 1 5mm pinions on the way in 18t and 19t.

But, the motor didn't get above 93°F (34°C) with the Dusty Motor Shroud on - so it's far from stressed and has so much power, it can light up the tyres at pretty much any speed! 🤣

Time to fettle the sliding mount and gear up....🤞
PXL_20231124_155231882~2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back